Hyundai Stellar of much misery and grimness

cms206

4 hours ago, blackboilersuit said:

I've got Ewan McGregor stuck in my head now narrating over an Iggy Pop soundtrack.......

Choose Shite,  Choose Korean Cortina's at the other end of the country. Choose pre-booked MOT's and tyres borrowed from a bloke on the internet. Choose eating chips on the hard shoulder waiting for recovery. Choose fuel starvation and forty miles an hour up the motorway through the borders. Choose 3AM and nae fuckin' wireless. Choose collection of the year and immortality on a forum nobody's even heard of, choose Shite.

choose scottish

be scottish

without that this wouldnt happen :D

12 hours ago, LightBulbFun said:

Epic stuff :) 

happy to see you made it despite the FTP!

I cant imagine driving that distance at Silly-o'clock in the morning having been awake for so long previously!

but at least traffic must of been fairly light to make the cruising easier? :) 

We are hardy creatures young Dez... also it was hard to fall asleep at the wheel because my arse was making buttons every time there waa even half a splutter from the sodding thing!

Also two closures on the M6. Not good!

17 hours ago, blackboilersuit said:

I've got Ewan McGregor stuck in my head now narrating over an Iggy Pop soundtrack.......

Choose Shite,  Choose Korean Cortina's at the other end of the country. Choose pre-booked MOT's and tyres borrowed from a bloke on the internet. Choose eating chips on the hard shoulder waiting for recovery. Choose fuel starvation and forty miles an hour up the motorway through the borders. Choose 3AM and nae fuckin' wireless. Choose collection of the year and immortality on a forum nobody's even heard of, choose Shite.

We need T-shirts.

STAT.

14 minutes ago, LightBulbFun said:

thats amazing :) 

depending on how much you want to advertise, you could change "Shite" to "Autoshite" at the bottom :mrgreen:

Hmm... maybe.

I agree with Beko's idea, though. Buy them! I might actually get (a tiny amount of) money from doing Redbubble.

2 hours ago, castros_bro said:

Thank Allah/God/Boris they've gone - it'll take a while for the house prices to recover.

A bit of history about the car would be interesting.

I was going to return the wheels personally Mark but I wouldn't want to damage the house prices any further...

History! Very little, sadly. Jude had left a note on the car away back last year after stumbling across it on his travels. The previous keeper was 87 and gave up driving when the MOT expired at the end of August and his daughter called Jude and asked if he was still interested before she scrapped the car. He knew he couldn't keep it but he did the honourable thing and collected it anyway, hoping he could find it a home. The previous owner bought it in 2004 to replace his previous, rotten Stellar. It's done just under 67k miles and of the 500 or so it has done since August 2018 I've done 437 of them. Apparantly the owner prior to him had it since the early 90s and replaced it with a Getz, so it must have left a good impression.

2 hours ago, quicksilver said:

Double the Stellars for double the pleasure! Epic stuff gents, I honestly thought this one would be going home on a recovery truck.

I did too Adam... hoping to fire this through a test ASAP 'cos it actually drives really nicely despite appearances.

1 hour ago, Daviemck2006 said:

Come further north to sheep shagging territory and I can only afford bus travel cos I've got a broken back and have a bus pass because of it

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Yup. Mr Coffees of this parish, who lives up in Ellon, worked out he'd be better off driving into Aberdeen... in his LS400.

56 minutes ago, Jim Bell said:

I bet you a kiss on the lips it's not 53p if you're only going a mile though. 

Observe the ticket

Boarding Stage : Paisley Town Centre
Valid To : Paisley Road Toll

Rather more than a mile. Ripoff

On the subject of ripoffs, the same bus company charges £2.20ish for Paisley Road Toll to Glasgow Central - grey line on the map.

Capture.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Hello.

Not much news it has to be said. New battery bought yesterday and new fuel filters picked up this morning. Fitted both and it fired straight up; throttle response seems much improved and it revs a lot cleaner than it did but it'll need a decent run to properly assess if it has cured the fuelling issues completely. The ignition barrel is a bit of a twat to use but it's not completely broken yet. Still not arranged an MOT either, really need to get my finger out.

In other news I had a dig about in the paperwork for the car today; it was delivered on August 1st 1987 - remember when August 1st was a big thing? - to V. J. Mendoza & Partners of 1-2 Castle Lane, London SW1E 6DN, a quantity surveying firm who it appears were involved in a number of fairly prestigious building projects in London.

According to the service history it had done about 42,200 miles by April 1993. It's done about 66900 as of today, so less than a thousand miles a year on average since then.

• 2 months later...