Hyundai Stellar of much misery and grimness

cms206

For me this has to be the best collection thread of the year so far, and there've been a few! Trials, tribulations and then a happy ending in which failure is turned into glory. This one had it all.

This whole fiasco strikes me as being a proper *brass ring-piece job, I certainly wouldn't have had the guts to even attempt it. Glad to see everyone's home safe and sound

Here's me thinking Northampton to Aberdeen in November 2015, starting at 6pm, was bad enough.

We did that in a Lexus LS400 though, and got home at only 3am! I can also assure you that the LS400 was capable of much more than 55mph...

Top effort!

5 minutes ago, davidfowler2000 said:

There's a tape jammed in it. When you press eject it only pushes up on one side and it tries to come out at an angle... but doesn't so it still thinks there's a tape in and won't switch to radio mode.

I was half way through typing that... yeah, I've not managed to get the tape out yet but I think it's probably fairly yagged Mat. The aerial I think is goosed also.

2 hours ago, RobT said:

Amazing on all counts. Lunatics!

Looks quite a mean thing without the trimz.

The rears in particular make it look pretty menacing, the fronts are skinny wee things. All four will go back to Mark Castro when I sort that bit of the caper out. There was a set of four Ford fitment 4x108 Wellers on Facebook marketplace which I think would have looked ace with some front spotlights and red oxide over the grotty bits but then I remembered that the only taste I have is in my mouth.

Went out this morning, ignition barrel wouldn't turn. Got it after some fucking about, started and idled sweetly. Trundled round the block... it looks dog rough in photos but it's much more sound than the GSL is and when it's not struggling for petrol it goes far, far better than it's 73bhp should allow. Next stage is tyres, get it back onto it's own suave stainless steel wheeltrims, fit a fresher battery and fuel filter and hopefully get an MOT on it without too much hassle.

20 hours ago, taxi paul said:

Looks like a deleted scene from trainspotting. 

I've got Ewan McGregor stuck in my head now narrating over an Iggy Pop soundtrack.......

Choose Shite,  Choose Korean Cortina's at the other end of the country. Choose pre-booked MOT's and tyres borrowed from a bloke on the internet. Choose eating chips on the hard shoulder waiting for recovery. Choose fuel starvation and forty miles an hour up the motorway through the borders. Choose 3AM and nae fuckin' wireless. Choose collection of the year and immortality on a forum nobody's even heard of, choose Shite.

2 minutes ago, beko1987 said:

So when's the alcoholic mot tester passing it? 

The mechanic is alcoholic. The tester is tame. Neither of them know that there are two Stellars now.

To be honest I can't honestly see any reason for to actually fail other than one small hole in the floorpan. It's remarkably sound.

3 hours ago, blackboilersuit said:

Choose Shite,  Choose Korean Cortina's at the other end of the country. Choose pre-booked MOT's and tyres borrowed from a bloke on the internet. Choose eating chips on the hard shoulder waiting for recovery. Choose fuel starvation and forty miles an hour up the motorway through the borders. Choose 3AM and nae fuckin' wireless. Choose collection of the year and immortality on a forum nobody's even heard of, choose Shite.

I might need to get that made up in the correct style for the garage wall.