Me and my Interceptor

Stevebrookman

Amazing motor in 1972 I worked after school at a local garage as a petrol pump attendant, down sarf and a guy used to come in from "up north lad" he had a primrose yellow one of these , with if I remember tinted glass, as a gobsmacked 16 year old I my lasting memory is of being able to see my reflection in the bottom of the fuel tank as I stuck my nozzel in......

44 minutes ago, MorrisItalSLX said:

Interceptors are just gorgeous, absolutely stunning.

looks like your old one has just had a fresh MOT, and is now silver.

Funnily enough I still see it about at shows. I first saw it about 10 years ago, Tony who bought it off the person I sold it to, had done loads of work to it. The suspension was totally shot as well as the camshaft. Mechanically it's now superb-last time I saw him-about 2 years ago-he was going to start on the body. I'll see if I can find some photos of it as it now is.

Stevve

Lovely, and grand to see it still about! Must have been quite the ownership experience:)

These are up there with the Citroen SM as "big handsome basturt" cars - exceptionally pretty, but carry significant respect with them.

I imagine the original owner as a jovial chap, who'd have your kneecaps for overriders if you crossed him

Gorgeous car especially in that colour,  there was always a good showing  of them at the Sandwell Car Show (after all they were only made just down the road :) ) From the colour and the Middlesex registration I can imagine it was originally owned by some famous entertainer who had just finished the panto at the London Palladium and had now settled down to a summer season at Great Yarmouth (those were the days ;) )

53 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

I agree, blue suited it better, although not sure about the body colour rear bumper.  That interior looks an amazing place to be.

The bumpers were both painted when I bought it. I think I paid £4250 for it including delivery. It was from a dealer in Oxford who had a barn full of them. I stripped both bumpers using “proper” Nitromers - the front one came up ok but the back was a bit dull.

Body wise it had more filler than Halfords- but was a nice drive, though not as nice as my brothers V12 XJS.