Cobra alarm problems

overrun

So my MR2 has a Cobra CAT 1 fitted.

Only one fob has been in use, and yesterday it decided it no longer wants to work (battery is fine).

I have a touch key somewhere - lost in house move - and the PIN with fitting certificate, but as I can’t find the touch key, the fobs aren’t playing ball and I’m not the biggest fan of the system to begin with (shit fobs), I am leaning towards unlocking the car with the key, removing and then destroying the siren and having a company come out and fit a Toad or something.

The car is at the front of my drive at present, and ideally I need to move it today, or I will no doubt end up blocked in by next door, if I park behind the Toyota.

So, questions...

What would you do? I favour wrapping the siren in rags and dropping it into a bucket of water. The car will obviously still be immobilised, so I will have to push it up the drive, out of the way.

Also, I can’t see there being much demand for aftermarket CAT 1 fitting in 2019. The places I knew of around here have gone, although I think Autosounds in Newcastle still operates in some capacity.

Has anyone had a CAT 1 fitted in the last few years? I sway towards something like a Toad, but I dunno, these days?

I guess I could wait and order a new touch key.

https://cobracartech.co.uk/cobra-replacement-key-fobs-cases/286-cobra-touch-key--5060719901147.html

Unsure is the car needs to be disarmed before you can input the PIN with this. Guess not?

I’ll look into it, but I still would like to move it today.

My neighbour has a lot of visitors.

8C025D5C-28CB-4DA1-9D54-5BF67C4DF5FF.png