Collection thread. Reliable* new car. If I make it there

DoctorRetro

I think this is a sensible option, fingers crossed it provides cheap, troublefree motoring for a while.

If the fuel tank is a similar size to Daihatsu L5 Mira/Cuore then it's tiny, 30l iirc, I'd stick a full can of fuel in the boot until you get used to the gauge and it's quirks. 

3 hours ago, TheDoctor said:

Pictures actually flatter it, it's got loads of bumps and bruises, mismatched paint and I'll fitting trim. 

I checked the oil (when I got back - as you do) and it wasn't even registering on the dipstick! Oops. 

Fuel gauge is iffy, will have to be careful. 

Give it enough time to drain down to the sump.

Well swapped

24 minutes ago, Rovorsche said:

Give it enough time to drain down to the sump.

Well swapped

I did, of course. It sat for a good 15-20 mins before I checked it. I'm not a complete amateur, luckily ?

16 minutes ago, Wingz123 said:

Billy basic nothing to go wrong just keep it going and as said let it simply serve the purpose of being a car....

You may see it as boring but it'll be that boring that ends up saving you money...

It's actually not boring at all, it's like a little go kart and feels way more retro than its age suggests

30 minutes ago, TheDoctor said:

I did, of course. It sat for a good 15-20 mins before I checked it. I'm not a complete amateur, luckily ?

It's actually not boring at all, it's like a little go kart and feels way more retro than its age suggests

I am more than a bit envious of the ride you have ended up with, apart from the funky fabric and the fact you seem to be to tall to actually drive it seems perfect.