COR! A Carawagon!

Spiny Norman

About 10 years ago I used to drive down a wee side road and there was an ancient old Land Rover motorhome parked there. It moved around every so often so I knew it ran and sometimes saw the bloke who owned it driving it around. Then maybe a couple of years back it disappeared, I assumed it had finally succumbed to rust and general decrepitude like most old cars eventually do, but bugger me if it wasn't sitting back in its old spot again the other day when I passed by.
There's a very faded Carawagon badge on the back of it but I know nothing about it bar the fact I'm happy it still exists.

L-R Carawagon (1).JPG

L-R Carawagon (2).JPG

L-R Carawagon (3).JPG

L-R Carawagon (5).JPG

L-R Carawagon (6).JPG

L-R Carawagon (7).JPG

L-R Carawagon (8).JPG

Father Honda had one of these around 1980. I'll have to see if we have any photos of it. I remember the gas cooker on the inside of the back door and the pop up roof. Mother Honda despite being 4'10" could when necessary start the 2¼ petrol when required using the starting handle.

4 hours ago, dollywobbler said:

You would have thought the lack of windscreen wipers might be an issue, or is it just that they're not visible on my phone?

Who needs wipers when you have...

2108495750_Rain-XBottle200ml.thumb.jpg.4b512bd27afee422aea8c8d657aa7e5c.jpg

('The Invisible Windscreen Wiper', as it used to bill itself. I bought a bottle once for the Viva, and tbh found it was a bit rubbish.)

In seriousness though, that's a tremendous spot - and just goes to show that I'm not necessarily wasting my time by glancing towards houses where I know there once was a cracking piece of chod on the drive.

59 minutes ago, omegod said:

Yeah a bit like, see if you can fix it for Norman ........

I was just looking for the land rover pickup that Volksy gave Imp Jr a couple of weeks ago but I've burnt my lip really badly on a pizza (i cant explain how sore it is) and have had to sit down again so the best I can do is this. 

IMG_20190701_171815458.thumb.jpg.b371a134e5e2bff7dbdce1893fd87775.jpg

Not sure if that helps or makes it worse.