Free Saab, suspension broken pre MOT

rusty998

20191003_172403.thumb.jpg.c3314a06cf6c6fd2f516eaec50e1335f.jpgso a quick search on line found me a spring at GSF,  I reserved it and went to collect the spring,  I took the right hand side spring with me to check the height, it was a good call taking the right hand side spring as the one that GSF had was quite a bit shorter, the gsf chap was very helpful,  he told me to go on the site and to put in the part number of the other spring and reserve it, the new spring was a perfect match and as it turned out to be the same part number as the right hand side spring being Lesjöfors manufactured, the correct spring was even cheaper and came in a £15.88 total with the massive discount they have on line, really happy with the price on this as I spent a larger amount on the shocks than I initially had wanted to and thought the left hand spring was okay, 

The Saab is now ready in the suspension department awaiting me to get over to my tyre man to change the tyres over then chuck it in for the MOT,  20191006_144005.thumb.jpg.77e10b86872b67c933d1daf5256b18ef.jpg

on the subject of the MOT I am now wondering the validity of the last one due to the condition of the front right shock and broken left hand front spring?  It could be just a case that the left hand spring broke after the last MOT,  but the right hand front shock? Not even a advisory for misting leaves me feeling a bit meh, doesn't matter now though as it's all brand new ish, more good fortune was that the brother in law doesn't want anything for his old Saab as it had more wrong with it than he knew about, other than the parts I've bought it's a free car !

I haven't had a free car in a least 20 year's, I think the last free car was a D reg Astra SRI 5 door in red, that car was scrap when given to me so I robbed the stereo out of it and my Vauxhall mate had the rest for a Nova engine swap, 

Hopefully next week I can get an MOT on it.