I've decided to do an autojumble.. tomorrow.

DaveDorson

Yep, that's right, I've decided to brave the world of the autojumble tomorrow.  Unit sorted through and a load of spares loaded into the van quite badly and not priced.  Those spares include some treasures but mostly stuff that if it doesn't sell will go into the scrap bin at the unit when I get home.  

If any shitter's fancy a laugh, or making me a derisory offer on my quality* warez, then Stickney Autojumble is the place to be tomorrow.  Look for a hanging red T4 with a load of old ford and VW bits scattered around it.  

Honestly, I'll take offers on any of the shit I have on the day, including some quality retro car stereo bits that I found.  

Depending on phone signal, I'll be updating as the day progresses tomorrow, with photos of the shit, I mean quality goods I'll be flogging off to the mouth breathers, I mean punters.

WCPGW?

To be fair there's some sellable stuff in that lot, stereos usually sell well enough, and I've got a couple of motorbike helmets that are brand new, as well as some leathers and more modern riding gear that's had little or no use.  Hopefully it'll be more than a break even and I'll be able to put a few quid in the workshop biscuit fund

Well there's a lot less shit in the van than there was this morning.  I've had a lovely burger and had many a chod related chat.

I'd have spent the weekend doing absolutely fuck all except worrying about money, instead I loaded up a load of the stuff I didn't want and spent £20 of diesel, £5 entry, and a few quid on a bacon double cheese burger with onions and a cup of tea...

I've also got £235.00 and some change.

Some stuff I could not give away.  Some stuff I almost gave away, but non of that stuff was stuff I wanted or had a use for.

If you're willing to let people give you £5 for that ford cortina stereo you've had sat around for 12 years, or take £20 for a pair of front beetle wings cos that bloke has the money and you don't want to take them home, there's money to be made out there, and what I expected to be about £50 profit has actually been a very worth while exercise.

IMG_20190915_133521974.jpg

13 minutes ago, ruffgeezer said:

Bollocks, only just spotted this or I'd have popped around to say hi, I live in the next village along from Stickney!

I'll probably do it again, there's one in October and then a few next year.. to be fair it's not awful.

You won't make a fortune, but you might get shot of some old tat 

Just now, Matty said:

Better off with an autojumble. She talked me into doing a carboot. Once and only once. In the end she made me sit in the van because i was too snappy with customers ?

To be fair I was taking offers on everything.  I just didn't want to take any of it home.  A few bits got loaded into the scrap bins earlier today when I was unloading the van, and I kept things I know I'll make good use of or that I can sell on easily enough at a VW event or something.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, DaveDorson said:

I've not heard back from him.

He had 4 SP250 engines sat in the container last time I was over there, so he's probably got them somewhere.  He can be a bit of a Scarlet Pimpernel at times though. 

Ok cheers let me know if he does please