A Mighty Matiz Collection - The end... :-(

Kerr

Off to collect Eyersey1234's Matiz this morning. I'm a sucker for a cheap rail ticket (less than half the cost of the next most expensive!) so I'm setting off much, much earlier than I really have to. Prepare for excitement, drama, and things to do in Hull!

First off, 15 minutes on this trusty steed because wife and child are still fast asleep meaning a lift to the station was off the cards.

IMG_20190914_063545529_MP.thumb.jpg.610d7d6794a08b66061da5e4e2d3ef35.jpg

Bringing me to this glorious place of wonder and opportunity...

IMG_20190914_063913210_MP.thumb.jpg.7d9b12b8716289edc86cd16a35ef3edc.jpg

1 hour ago, LightBulbFun said:

is that the Hull transport museum? 

they didn't happen to have GVW564H on display did they? :) (and you didn't happen to grab a Chassis plate shot for me on top of that? :mrgreen: )

Yes that is the transport museum and from memory they do have an Invicar on display, would you like me to see if I can get a chassis plate shot when Im next in there? 

54 minutes ago, Eyersey1234 said:

Yes that is the transport museum and from memory they do have an Invicar on display, would you like me to see if I can get a chassis plate shot when Im next in there? 

Yes please that would be very much appreciated (as well as a general overview shot of course :) )

I understand they have GVW564H an Invacar Mk12E, a close relative of I believe  GVW600H, the Invacar Mk12E wearing "SFA1873" plates up in scotland :) 

img_0009.jpg

sadly its unknown what chassis numbers the GVW-H block covers so it would be very much appreciated if you can grab a chassis plate shot :) 

if your not sure where the chassis plate is, it should be by the drivers seat as shown here :) (the grey/black rectangle incase its hard to make out)

DSC_5345_1280x848.jpg

45 minutes ago, LightBulbFun said:

Yes please that would be very much appreciated (as well as a general overview shot of course :) )

I understand they have GVW564H an Invacar Mk12D, a close relative of I believe  GVW600H, the Invacar Mk12D wearing "SFA1873" plates up in scotland :) 

img_0009.jpg

sadly its unknown what chassis numbers the GVW-H block covers so it would be very much appreciated if you can grab a chassis plate shot :) 

if your not sure where the chassis plate is, it should be by the drivers seat as shown here :) (the grey/black rectangle incase its hard to make out)

DSC_5345_1280x848.jpg

Thanks, no problem I'll see what I can do. 

aye I did a quick google search and could not turn anything up sadly 

hopefully its on display now or such so info can be gathered on it :) 

(I do apologize to the OP for derailing his thread onto Invacars! I probably should of quoted the museum pictures post into my own thread oops!)

5 hours ago, LightBulbFun said:

is that the Hull transport museum? 

they didn't happen to have GVW564H on display did they? :) (and you didn't happen to grab a Chassis plate shot for me on top of that? :mrgreen: )

If they did I didn't notice or take a pic. Sorry!!

2 hours ago, LightBulbFun said:

aye I did a quick google search and could not turn anything up sadly 

hopefully its on display now or such so info can be gathered on it :) 

(I do apologize to the OP for derailing his thread onto Invacars! I probably should of quoted the museum pictures post into my own thread oops!)

That's no trouble at all :-)

Thinking back I don't think they had an invacar on display, or at least not that I saw. There were a couple of empty looking spots but I didn't think much of it at the time.

9 minutes ago, Kerr said:

That's no trouble at all :-)

Thinking back I don't think they had an invacar on display, or at least not that I saw. There were a couple of empty looking spots but I didn't think much of it at the time.

ah thats good to know :) generally these days if I spot something in another thread that I want to talk about in relation to invacars ill quote said thing in in a new post in my mega-thread and talk about it there

because it keeps all the Invacar stuff in 1 place for easy referencing, and also keeps the people who get annoyed when they see invacars happy! (since some members where getting a bit annoyed that suddenly there where invacars everywhere, my bad!)

shame it sounds like its sadly not on display anymore, given how I cant find any photos of it online, I wonder if they still have it even?

to those who do remember seeing it, how long ago was it roughly that you last saw it?

Quick update now I'm safely back home. @Eyersey1234 is a top bloke and it was very kind of him to come and collect me from the station. Pleasure doing business with you, sir!

I quite enjoyed my day out in Hull. I'm glad I opted for the cheapest possible ticket!

I can confirm that the Matiz was an absolute bargain and is a tremendous wee car. It performed admirably on the journey home and is now taking a well earned break on the driveway. Thankfully the wife approves of it, offering feedback of "owh, it's so cute". Job done!

Final pics of the day:

Just after purchase and ready to hit the road.

IMG-20190914-WA0067.thumb.jpeg.da7a146374547f81fc97e2a2d2f4c6a1.jpeg

Taking a break while I have a naughty McDonalds, rendering the gym session earlier today truly pointless!

IMG_20190914_193542981_MP.thumb.jpg.aaa4ba1428f438b8ebe59c097cc1d2e7.jpg