Col lek shun happened, M.O.T pass home

rusty998

4 hours ago, shedenvy said:

They're great, is it the juan seven dizzle?  Eleventy million MPG for you then!  Bombed about in a bright orange arosa 1.0L when I was 17 and it was such a solid thing for something so smoll.  Bit wobbly though.  Great purchase!

Yup 1.7 sdi,  road tax is a bit steep but the insurance on this is way cheaper on this than the wifes seat Ibiza sport was, and it just sips diesel, I'm impressed with the little car so far

45 minutes ago, 2MB said:

They made the sdi for the full production run I think. If yours is piss yellow mine is puke green. 13 thousand miles on 100% veg oil so far. that’s a bargain for £200 and a result to fly straight through the test

D1ACC7A0-2AE2-46B2-8532-90CF7D6F8534.jpeg

That's one of the colours i would like to have, has to be an early one for me T reg in the same spec as my wife's one but with the Green seats !

Well I have put out some feelers for the parts list, mostly needs a alternator so it can be put in to service,  I'm not absolutely sure on the spec as yet ? But it does seem well equipped for a lupo, it also drove really nice today and held up well to some Italian tuning too, no knocks from the suspension brakes are in good order but I'm going to have a look through them as I will the whole car, the interior is in good condition I think if quite dirty,  got to borrow a wet vac to get the Yellow seats clean,  cleaning the car will be a task, moss, dirt, tree fall and grimy filth under the bonnet,  we know it has a couple of dents and I think I spied a repair on the left hand side in the bright sunshine today,  have a couple of dirty pictures 

20190913_162823.thumb.jpg.ef0caae7c2151cf8302681f0d4f47cb1.jpg20190913_165810.thumb.jpg.4f80a82c088eb4e1912bb3fceaa62043.jpg20190913_165804.thumb.jpg.5543ae7648f52049068657cb9abf7497.jpg

Oh wow you have electric windows on yours and original rubber mats. Such luxury. Does it have air con? Surely not? Looks like the car will tidy up lovely.

Mine responds very well to a regular Italian tune up. The engine clearly wants to get nice and warm otherwise you get carbon build up. A good hard pull through the gears always blows the crud out, then it is much happier.

1 hour ago, Broadsword said:

Oh wow you have electric windows on yours and original rubber mats. Such luxury. Does it have air con? Surely not? Looks like the car will tidy up lovely.

Mine responds very well to a regular Italian tune up. The engine clearly wants to get nice and warm otherwise you get carbon build up. A good hard pull through the gears always blows the crud out, then it is much happier.

It has, electric windows,  power steering,  central locking,  it does indeed have original rubber mats and mud flaps,  the original Bill of sale shows that they also had OE roof bars fitted along with the flaps and mats be they didn't come with the car when we bought it though,  and I am sure that OE roof bars for a lupo will be hard to find or uber expensive due to the following these have by the yoof,  I am now on the hunt for another lupo for myself when my Skoda is sold, got to be a sdi with the same spec though but not yellow as it was genuinely dazzling driving it home yesterday ?

Excellent buy.

The 1.7 lump in these is basically the same as the VAG 1.9 unit that gained a reputation for immense durability and longevity. The bottom end of the engine will bear a stamp saying 1.9 (They all do) A different crank head were used to reduce the capacity to 1.7 :)

1 hour ago, Shirley Knott said:

Excellent buy.

The 1.7 lump in these is basically the same as the VAG 1.9 unit that gained a reputation for immense durability and longevity. The bottom end of the engine will bear a stamp saying 1.9 (They all do) A different crank head were used to reduce the capacity to 1.7 :)

Yes I read that info yesterday,  I wonder if there is room for a tdi engine?

The block is the same other than the head and crank but will the turbo fit ?

My škoda fabia tdi has 100bhp and gets down the road quite well,  in a lupo it could be rather exhilarating!

32 minutes ago, rusty998 said:

Yes I read that info yesterday,  I wonder if there is room for a tdi engine?

The block is the same other than the head and crank but will the turbo fit ?

My škoda fabia tdi has 100bhp and gets down the road quite well,  in a lupo it could be rather exhilarating!

I'm not sure TBH, generally speaking the type of people who buy and drive SDI Lupo's aren't too concerned about performance, if they were they wouldn't have gone for the SDI.

IIRC there's a map that's freely available online and easy to flash onto the 1.4 TDi versions ECU taking it to 100ps. I'd imagine it's pretty lively. Probably much simpler and cheaper to buy a TDi and go down that route.