Citroen Chevrons Rally - 14/15 Sep

Six-cylinder

5 hours ago, Six-cylinder said:

Remember you don't have to drive a Citroen to get in.! 

I think I'll give it a miss this year. There's a replacement Valeo alternator on the way for the CX, so I'm not going to risk poisoning myself again with the  oul hydrogen sulphide gas until this is fitted.

Turning up in a shiter's diesel Borat just seems a bit inappropriate given that Chevrons means Citroën. 

My Citroens are gathering, champing at the bit to see who gets to go first!

The MX5 has been sent to Coventry the lay-by across the street for not being in with the the in crowd!

And yes that is the Allegro hiding in the corner pulling a sicky to stay around! Indicators don't work so I am not keen to drive it at the moment.

IMG_20190913_131419 broad.jpg

19 hours ago, quicksilver said:

The defence line need to be on their guard as the Maxi will be trying to infiltrate the Citroen ranks once again :)

If we get any problems we will simply remove or cover up the M and the I on the badges and tell everyone it's a kit car based on a Citroen AX ?.

^^^ I remember going to an Alfa Day at Stanford Hall some years back, where someone had dressed up a small red Japanese car (I forget which model) as an Alfa Romeo, complete with fake badging fore and aft. This impostor was parked up quite happily with a set of 90s/00s Alfas and to be honest, it was hard to tell it wasn't one...

I spent this afternoon inputting three months worth of invoices into quickbooks. Tomorrow will be spent recording which of these has been paid and which bills we have paid. We are STILL being ignored by our so called accountant though, so the next words I speak to them will be “ you’re sacked”. £3000 a year and they can’t reply to an email within a week?!

but this leaves my Sunday free for cars.

2 hours ago, Mrs6C said:

^^^ I remember going to an Alfa Day at Stanford Hall some years back, where someone had dressed up a small red Japanese car (I forget which model) as an Alfa Romeo, complete with fake badging fore and aft. This impostor was parked up quite happily with a set of 90s/00s Alfas and to be honest, it was hard to tell it wasn't one...

Nissan Cherry Europe...? ?

2 hours ago, Mrs6C said:

Arna Cherry Europe?

2 hours ago, maxxo said:

Sorry if i sound like a fool, but do you need to book beforhand to attend this event.....or is it just turn up?

kinda feeling like a ridiculous road trip tomorrow......

No need to book, just turn up and enjoy! :-)

The weather will be good and the venue is delightful. Lots of great Citroens, friendly folk, a bar and a BBQ.

I was last there 2 years ago, doing a collection which would have made a good thread on here. A lift to Inverness airport, easyjet from there to Luton, picked up in a citroen XM by a member here, driven to the rally where I collected Gabby, a xantia 1,9td which was previously owned on this forum. Then a 550 mile drive home, on 3/4 a tank of derv. She served me well for a year running various ratios of veg/derv mix. I still own said xantia, however she is in a coma, not quite dead but only a slight chance of recovery.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk