Panpan Mountain Goat

Aston Martin

• 2 weeks later...

I went to York on fumes, I turned the engine off and there was a sliver. 3 hours later, I started the engine up... The dial was beyond empty, no idea where the sliver went.

It's a 30 litre tank, I'm never sure if this includes the filler neck. Which must hold 3? Litres. Anyway, 28.87 litres were added.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/21/2019 at 7:52 PM, Ian_Fearn said:

A trader within walking distance of my house has a snot green 1.2 on a 54 plate. I reckon he’s had it a year now for £795. I’m tempted to see how low he’ll go on it as I need to own one before they all disappear.

232A5F1E-0030-4CAC-A40B-BC9FBF4438B1.jpeg

I cycled over to look at this today as I am still in need of a cheap snotter. 

Unfortunately i’d say it’s beyond help (unless you really wanted a project). It’s clearly been sat for a long time on the grass, the rear beam/suspension is just one solid rusted lump, the spring seats would probably give way on the first pot hole, I could see it wanting a full brake overhaul, the tyres are absolutely shot and the interior is badly condensated. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

After 6 months, the scrapyard finally got a Panpan in. 

I still need a drivers wheel arch and importantly the clips. Interestingly it has a towbar, the chances of it still being on the car tomorrow when the Polsks strip a car within 2.5 seconds? The cars been there a week so I doubt it.  I'll snaffle it if I can.

867DAAC9-D8ED-4C66-842E-AAD1C50B0AD7.jpeg

• 7 months later...

Bumpety bump.

Still haven't sorted the seats.... Or anything really. It's a commuter hack.

Now, I have a set of Cross rear lights, but the trim on one is shattered. Because parts are impossible for this, a trim is yes.... £179. 😒

I was perusing ebay and a guy is selling both trims from a Monster for £60.18. 😟👍

Now, the Monster trims are black and the Cross trims are grey... I'm thinking get them sprayed bodycolour anyway, so it's irrelevant.

The issue I have is the light plug is completely different from standard Panda to Cross.

BE0AB69B-ECCD-444B-932F-FC40A237AC05.png

9A887D0D-DA52-45C5-B344-ED5E32F2E5A9.png

C5D24790-0879-43E8-864F-06C090CAB155.jpeg

B90CEEA6-D1CE-4F69-AB3A-86E0698CA1E6.jpeg

• 2 months later...

Just got walloped with a £565 MOT bill for new rear calipers.... Only needs one, but that's neither here nor there.

I have done about 2,000 miles since owning it and it's a good little van, with a banging stereo and yet. 

It's not for sale, but maybe its for sale, cos I don't use the bastard.

On 08/10/2020 at 20:48, Aston Martin said:

Bumpety bump.

Still haven't sorted the seats.... Or anything really. It's a commuter hack.

Now, I have a set of Cross rear lights, but the trim on one is shattered. Because parts are impossible for this, a trim is yes.... £179. 😒

I was perusing ebay and a guy is selling both trims from a Monster for £60.18. 😟👍

Now, the Monster trims are black and the Cross trims are grey... I'm thinking get them sprayed bodycolour anyway, so it's irrelevant.

The issue I have is the light plug is completely different from standard Panda to Cross.

BE0AB69B-ECCD-444B-932F-FC40A237AC05.png

9A887D0D-DA52-45C5-B344-ED5E32F2E5A9.png

C5D24790-0879-43E8-864F-06C090CAB155.jpeg

B90CEEA6-D1CE-4F69-AB3A-86E0698CA1E6.jpeg

simples- the cross lights look gash save monies keep betterer looking std lights

25 minutes ago, Jim Bell said:

Any news on the issues man?

Did you speak to the garage or have a poke about @Aston Martin?

No point taking it back. The car just needs a run out, it's been stood since about October I think. 

The sub, I need to get the multimeter out. I suspect it's the 12v wire. 

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...