Panpan Mountain Goat

Aston Martin

The headrests are too high up, the problem is 500 headrests have the notches on the inside and Pandas are on the same side.

I'm going to attempt the door cards tomorrow and the rear support bar can wait as I've driven for hours two Saturdays in a row and I'm fucked.

The wheel and dashboard of a Panda are all plasticy and grey, I like the wheel. Well, when it gets retrimmed.

P.s. Some 500 seats have a storage box under the passenger seat as it flips up.... Mine has it. ?

F3CA73CD-6B99-45E3-BE97-C41A93FE07A5.jpeg

23 minutes ago, mrbenn said:

Oh wow, those seats look amazing!! Are they any softer/more comfortable?

Yes and they're more 'buckety' you sit in these rather than on them.

The headrests annoy me, next time I'm at upullit. I'm going to slice a seat open and figure out how the headrests work. The post closest to the camera, is on the inside on a 500.

I might attempt the doors over the weekend, but I won't be seeing the car for a few weeks.

As I have to take the door cards off anyway, I'm thinking... https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kit-6-Speakers-for-FIAT-PANDA-Alpine-with-adapters/252161959251

My 100hp had the optional under seat sub, even though the part numbers are different. The fiat 500 sub looks identical and is cheaper, I don't think they're powered separately, but off the radio and the wiring is possibly already under the seat. (There's a 6 speaker and a 4 speaker Panda) so, maybe a different wiring loom? As my 4x4 has the 4 speaker I believe... And then there's the fact that it might need to be activated by a dealer. Then it might not fit under my sweet seats and an aftermarket sub will be easier, but I do like like the idea of a factory sub as it wasn't ridiculous.

4CAF74E8-6B0B-407A-8978-85EA6FF056A7.jpeg

6C91CC43-706D-44A8-AD19-B1FAA9C23144.jpeg

2 hours ago, Aston Martin said:

OK, I have to stop for now as I'm popping out for lunch. It's all going really well.... Almost too well. My stumbling block is I need to punch holes into the fabric. A drill, just grabs the wadding and tears shit up. Maybe a craft knife.

Wad punch. Other non-Bezos vendors of cheapnese wad punches made of toffee are available(as are non-toffee wad punches, but you don't need those for going through cloth).

5 minutes ago, somewhatfoolish said:

Wad punch. Other non-Bezos vendors of cheapnese wad punches made of toffee are available(as are non-toffee wad punches, but you don't need those for going through cloth).

I did try and bang a nail in with a hammer...

Only the red bit is seen and the holed part is just for where it's sandwiched between the wood and door. So, I don't have to make perfect circles, I can butcher it somewhat as it's only going to get hot glued in anyway.

0EA787D1-0B4B-401F-BE08-3F2AC38E52F2.jpeg

On 9/30/2019 at 9:51 AM, Aston Martin said:

I would like to lob a facelift grill on the car. I think it looks great and the steering wheel has the red logo. But as it was towards the end, they're £40 used on eBay in the wrong colour. Ebay Italy brand new they're about £45 delivered in black. So, that can wait.

2CA8C88E-51E4-4AFE-9BF1-71282DE88F1C.jpeg

Stupid sexy ebay, £20 for a brand new albeit unpainted facelift grill.

23DDCA2F-734E-4118-A59F-13DA34561D61.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

I still haven't leathered the door cards, I still haven't painted the grill.
I was supposed to be off work next week, but worked asked for a favour and so it's the week after. 

Because the door cards have to come off and I'm fitting the Alpine speakers, I might aswell install this sound deadening at the same time. It's cheap enough, so I might buy a couple of packs and go mental and do under the bonnet etc.

I'm not going to be using the car for another 6 weeks. 

I'm not going full facelift as i hate the Transit sized mirrors on 2010> But I do like the aluminium roof bars.

There's a guy selling them for £5 in Italy............. And £86 shipping. Not gonna happen.

FE07E3B5-7815-465D-897F-3D18D4F30267.png

• 2 weeks later...

The parts arrived at 11am, but I was in the bath and so I didn't get to the car until 1pm.

We fitted the rear support bar, I still have no back seat as the bracket needs lifting. It's better, but even if we modify the bracket. The seats will be a nuisance to fold. The rear door cards are one-piece and so they cannot be retrimmed. I'll have to wait until some fabric ones come up for sale and attempt to retrim them. 

The speakers that come with adapters and the wire adapters... The speaker adapter is a great thing and they bolt right in, the wire adapters are for a car... that isn't this bastard Panda. John dremelled the shit out of them and they plugged in fine, but because I couldn't be bothered to put the door cards back on, we couldn't fit the tweeters. The tweeters have 4 wires for some reason?!?!?!???

I fitted zero sound deadening. The car is still in pieces, so I'll attempt that job on Saturday, when I can get there at a decent time.

Bonus fact, the car has a random led sidelight loose in the headlight. ?

There is some sound deadening already under the rear seats, above the diff. I think I'll have enough to do the entire boot, to under the rear seats and I might do under the bonnet too. I'm not sure if I'll do the doors, or even if this stuff will make a difference.

Here's my ethical question... I ordered two sets of the deadening, as one was cheaper and I was hoping it would be in stock. They both arrived at the same time, by the same man. However, only one was officially delivered and the other is still in transit. ? 

And we are dealing with Amazon. ?

You probably already know this but there's a building material called 'flashband' that makes good sound deadening, it's a very sticky lead substitute. When I'm trimming panels on my camper and I need to make holes in material that can't be drilled I burn a hole through it with the tip of a soldering iron, it has the added benefit of sealing up the loose threads at the edge too.

Keep it up, Pandas really get under your skin!

OK, the 500 rear seat is a disaster zone. The facefuck group suggests fabricating a rear bracket. I suggest, never in a thousand years.

My plan is to buy a Panpan folding rear seat... Remove the covers and attempt to put the 500 covers on the Panpan bases. (Maybe not the seat base, just the backs)

Will this work? Fuck knows and it turns out there's at least two Panpan folding rear seats. One with outer seat releases and then the facelift which for some reason has the releases at the bracket on the front.

Exhibit A: shagged and holed rear seat in Rotherham, which comes with the bracket. 

I've had a look at the Alessi rear seat, which is the same as this one and there's no visible way to remove the metal back, to then remove the cover. 

I've added the picture of a Panda rear seat and a 500 rear seat. Both appear to be built a similar way. 

780A4578-9EBB-467B-9F42-EBC0F3F7D947.jpeg

2FECFB79-F00D-4A5B-8856-96D25FFF89F1.png

E8674D7C-1F0F-420F-9E98-F13F5A755B08.jpeg