Hampton Court Concours (Festival of the Exceptional)

Sudsprint

57 minutes ago, Sudsprint said:

IMG_9437.jpg

please tell me you went over this with a fine toothed comb/camera for me!

id love to see detailed pictures/close up of an AC Acedes Mk14/Mk15 DHSS Model 67!

(side from when I posted about this one in my thread, Stuart is indeed aware of it, and its apparently owned by someone fairly high up in the AC club or something like that IIRC and has been sadly ringed for many years)

its also the only known Roadworthy/close to road worthy Model 67 in the UK sadly, with the 10 or so other survivors being pretty shagged

(the only other Model 67 I know thats anywhere near road worthy is the one down under in australia)

13 minutes ago, Sudsprint said:

Rest assured I spent the whole day crawling about underneath it for you. 

..and it did win an award for being the most clumsily parked exhibit.

Oh thank you very much I look forward to the pictures!

theres very few detailed pictures of a Model 67 floating around so I very much look forward to studying said pictures in detail :)

(I have a general overview picture of the inside of 1 AC Acedes Mk14 (Model 67) and thats about it sadly, I can tell from the lack of front mould lines and the towing eye that its an AC Acedes Mk15 so it will be very interesting to see how they differ :) )

Feel free to stick the pics in my thread if you dont want this thread turning into to me just oohing and ahhing over a Invalid vehicle LOL

41 minutes ago, strangeangel said:

I have never clapped eyes on one of these... what is it, please?

IMG_9467.jpg

It is a 1935 (ish) Stout Scarab (named after the designer and not the shape ;) ), possibly the world,s frst people carrier, but with a rear-mounted Ford V8 engine to power it, definitely the world's scariest

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stout_Scarab

I didn't know that any existed in the world, let alone the leafy suburbs of South-West London ?