brownnova

Yugo-ing to your new home? Collection day!

17 minutes ago, brownnova said:

It is tempting to leave the ‘patina’... 

You’re welcome to have a go once it’s back on the road. 

I’m pretty sure it’s a chain on these. Fuel in the carb is the next step, then trouble shoot whichever route that reveals! 

If think it is a chain, isn't it the OHV engine? I am sure it is the same family of engines I had in my Uno 60's which incidentally was very smooth and a little pocket rocket.

On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 11:01 AM, HMC said:

I remember toward the end in the uk they became known as the “Tempo”

Indeed they did. I owned one such beast for a couple of years a while back but sold it in one of my regular getting real clear-outs. J275 SOC where are you now?

On 9/17/2019 at 7:10 AM, brownnova said:

You’re welcome to have a go once it’s back on the road.

Might have to take you up on that.  If it's still about then you're welcome to a shot of the Lada to draw your own comparisons. 

From memory, the Yugo feels a lot more modern to drive, though less substantial.  The Lada feels laughably old fashioned, but has that feeling of being able to take pretty much anything in its stride. 

...Which judging from some of the nonsense seen on YouTube Russian Dash cam footage seems a pretty accurate assumption!

On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 11:04 AM, shedenvy said:

What New shite could you buy today with £5995 and is it actually better?

On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 11:08 AM, shedenvy said:

Oh fuck I think i've just sold myself a Dacia Sandero access.

Does anyone else have a warm glowing feeling that todays equivalent to a Yugo is a Dacia? Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

Four year warranty! That must have really meant something back then given most manufacturers were still giving a year as standard.
Judging by how many Polonez(polenezes?) I see when I'm in Poland seeing the other halfs family, the must be screwed together somewhat right if not a bit crudely.

Her uncle has a Polonez van thats an early 90s I think. Fitted with the venerable XUD that'll keep on trucking.