Are Yugo-ing to leave your hat on?

brownnova

22 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

Wow!  Those side (and bonnet) graphics are something else - is it one of the innumerable run-out special editions they did?

903cc Fiat engine shouldn't be hard to get going again.  It's not fuel injected after all...

The side and bonnet graphics will be preserved at all costs!! They just don’t do that any more... 

16 minutes ago, Cavcraft said:

That's class, local-ish reg, too. What garage did it come from originally do you know?

Originally a dealer in Wrexham, can’t remember the name. I’ll be able to tell you when I get it back as it has the dealer stickers. 

Ohhh a Yugo! its about time we got some hot yugo action on AS :)

im surprised there aint more them on here, but i guess in general like ladas they are pretty scarce these days with the prices probably going above what a normal shitter can normally afford sadly.

I very much look forward to seeing how you get on with this :) 

also gives me an excuse to post this magnificent picture again :mrgreen:

4988661991_3496140baf_o.jpg

https://flic.kr/p/8AQcpD

What country is this car from? It no longer exists.

That does look like the sort of car you'd find on the forecourt of Crazy Vaclav's Place of Automobiles and I want to know how many hectares it will do on a single tank of kerosene. In all seriousness, an excellent and thoroughly shite purchase.

43 minutes ago, MorrisItalSLX said:

This is thread of the year material, right here.

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves, my skills are limited and my progress always slow! :D But I’m determined to get this done without too much delay! 

33 minutes ago, quicksilver said:

Yugoslavia. A good eastern bloc car! 

34 minutes ago, quicksilver said:

That does look like the sort of car you'd find on the forecourt of Crazy Vaclav's Place of Automobiles and I want to know how many hectares it will do on a single tank of kerosene. In all seriousness, an excellent and thoroughly shite purchase.

"Put it in H!"