Dame Edna's old car.

paulplom

I did a couple of hundred miles in this over the weekend. My partner did 100 or so yesterday. I'm starting to gel with it. It's behaving great. The management light has stayed off since they rewired the stat and the smokyiness has almost gone and only visible when you really boot it. Nothing on start up any more and what's there is the normal black gray stuff.  It's averaging above 50 mpg and is great to drive. Im' going to get the aircon sorted asap as it's like a greenhouse when the sun's out. Overall 8 out of 10.

• 11 months later...
3 minutes ago, SiC said:

Is the Xenon leveling system warning light on?

Often is only the sensors attached to the suspension that fails. Can usually fixed with judicial use of cable ties. 

Judicious...?

1 hour ago, paulplom said:

Xenon levelling sensor problem.

Common fault.  The linear sensor on the rear suspension wears at normal ride height, so the system can't see the rear suspension height.  Shove a bag of sand in the boot, the ride height drops 10mm and you're using a part of the height sensor that works.  Warning lamp goes off, headlamp height adjustment works again.

Very little else on your list is an MOT phail.

23 minutes ago, SiC said:

Is the Xenon leveling system warning light on?

Often is only the sensors attached to the suspension that fails. Can usually fixed with judicial use of cable ties. 

Yes the light has been on a while. I only noticed a lamp out this week.

Looks like I'll have to splash out on a new battery for the fob.

The garage has just rang and said it's passed the mot! 

The xenon bulb was apparently a ballast resistor? He reckoned it was common on these.

Damage for mot and a full service was £188. To say I'm very pleased is an understatement. I though for only the second time in thirty years I was going to have to scrap a car.

No idea how it passed the emmisions though.

Some savage advisories though. 

No idea what the emmisions mean or if it's good or not.

Locking wheel nut key is on the front seat so I reckon they've carried out a proper service.

10/10

Six thoudand miles in a year is shite. Still up for a swap for a small petrol with cheap tax. What is this worth with a full mot?

20200902_135555.jpg

20200902_135622.jpg

20200902_135635.jpg