Dame Edna's old car.

paulplom

Not sure if it's a bit new for this section. Partner webt and bought a car while I was running the line for my sons team. I sent her a link on fb that was only a few minutes old. She got in touch, drove to the jingling gate in Westerhope and bought it immediately. Apparently he'd had 20 messages in the 20 mins it took her to drive there. One person even tried to pay 5add3eccd944a4d697ef5c526f4bee3d.jpgover the phone. We were going to use the crashed v70 but had to swap cover over so it's last journey was to buy it's replacement.

I've since parked it on the grass waiting for the insurance to pick it up or them to offer us it back to help someone out here.

Anyway, poo count 1 and leaving in 5 mins.

9bf74188d401e768f1223357997cd9f4.jpg

I'm looking a bit flushed from footie/6 bottles of sol last night.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Quite a handsome beast when you get a look at it.
2c426cc4e5387812f43ebc3030e8da2b.jpg5738253b684f651a99c94692defbe9e4.jpg

Everything seems to work other than rear parking sensors.
c26568610a9e7e9afb9eec3b9e9b7583.jpg
And the electric mirror switch needs to be pressed very hard for it to work.
745af9eeee07fd3aa1f0c7c5a37cd0fa.jpg
It's also due a service and the history says it hasn't had a belt for 70k. What's the intervals for that?
67615b4954319f7bcdb16abefb50ed70.jpg
Is this ashtray thing meant to pop out?
bb2ecbf0e9d5617450cb2a853a984937.jpg
It has this above it so maybe not. Doesn't look factory.ebd0adf6139d4ed577cf8f5b5cb23992.jpg
The engine bay is totally spotless and looks really good.
There are no crashes or bangs while driving backed up by the mot I suppose. It handles really really well and my 14 yr old son was giggling when I set it away, and he's used to T-5's.
The power steering was heavy at idle but lightened up with a few revs at 1st. Seem okay now.
The interior is in very good condition. The white/beige leather is fabulous although not heated.c7a5c8dfb8584832a32034e10a593cfe.jpg
4 recent michelin cross climates. Are they winter tyres? b3218649e603d25464be40e7378e9649.jpg
All new discs and pads all round. Full mot. Good sound on the radio. Doesn't seem as well put together as the vulva but then they are bulit like tanks. The air con is cold but not freezing I reckon it just needs a regas mate. The clutch bites quite low and the gearbox sounds a bit baggy not whiny but irratable in a french way.

All in all I'm very happy although needing a service and parking sensors not working I feel a bit robbed at £795. She didn't even haggle. Total amateur.

CrossClimates are all season tyres. They are phenomenal. Matching, branded tyres are one of the best signs of a loved car. 
Very jealous. I’m a big BIG fan of the three box saloon, and this is gorgeous. Well bought. 
Thankyou. My partner went to see it and she said it just felt right. A nice well to do guy and he was very pleasant when I went to collect. We went a few hours after puerchase to collect and he'd said his phone had never stopped.
She done good.

I’ve never known people so desperate to buy a saaaab.  I too thought you’d bought another v70 though! 
I was just parking the v70 up on the council grass. It's not insured now. I'm still gonna ask to buy it back. Providing it's a reasonable price. I think there's one or two on here want it for cost.

1 hour ago, paulplom said:

Temperature never rose. Is the stat hard to change? 

Provided you've seen that the gauge does actually work then yes, the thermostat's a good call. Unless it's replaced then you'll never achieve the proper OMGMPG potential really (Although it doesn't look to be doing badly)

I also at a glance yesterday assumed you'd bought another V70, this looks very nice too though. Amazing how much car you can buy for such little cash, halcyon days we're living through.

EDIT to say: What are your plans for the Volvo? *Scavenger mode engaged*

67615b4954319f7bcdb16abefb50ed70.jpg

Heated seats would have a switch on the switch row with the AC off/etc buttons. 

I thought that all the 150bhp examples had 6 speed manual. Sure it's not just got the wrong gear knob on? Serious point as the had a habit of shooting off at the most inconvenient moment. On the 9-3 convertible often out the roof! :D