Perjoe 405 1.6GL of several shiters

Iamgroot

Thanks for the input Spiny, it lives in Wales now so by tomorrow I will probably find out about the handling in the wet. Tyres are very high on the list but competing for exactly the same portion of the budget are a couple of front doors, I'm very torn.

5 minutes ago, loserone said:

Tyres first.  Or there may be no car to put doors on.  SRS.

I need a driver's door locking mechanism for my other one, so please don't chuck those ones out.

Not really a problem, I don't need to use it if it rains, will certainly save you the lock if I replace the doors

Don't know if this of use to you lamgroot or the other 405 owners.  

But I'd spotted this sad example at Hoppers Auto Breakers in Aston, Birmingham last month. Was a saloon on a K reg, not sure on engine or spec as it chucked it down before I had chance. Could maybe pop back in the next week or so and check if it's still there etc, if your in need of anything ? 

IMG_20190723_160846.jpg

14 hours ago, Burnside said:

Don't know if this of use to you lamgroot or the other 405 owners.  

But I'd spotted this sad example at Hoppers Auto Breakers in Aston, Birmingham last month. Was a saloon on a K reg, not sure on engine or spec as it chucked it down before I had chance. Could maybe pop back in the next week or so and check if it's still there etc, if your in need of anything ? 

IMG_20190723_160846.jpg

That's very kind of you sir!, Unfortunately I think that the sorting out of tyres is going to come first, so this month's playing with toys budget is kind of dead in the water already.

Offer much appreciated though.

Well hopefully you won't need anything but if you do, just drop me a pm lamgroot and I'll take a look. 

Having had a near miss with a set Chinese Death ring myself a few years ago, I also completely understand the priority for new tyres over anything else! 

Funny enough with talk of 405's. I've spotted only a hour ago, a very smart M reg Met Green 405 GLX Saloon. I've not seen this one about before. It's alloys even had the centre caps still fitted.

3 hours ago, Burnside said:

Well hopefully you won't need anything but if you do, just drop me a pm lamgroot and I'll take a look. 

Having had a near miss with a set Chinese Death ring myself a few years ago, I also completely understand the priority for new tyres over anything else! 

Funny enough with talk of 405's. I've spotted only a hour ago, a very smart M reg Met Green 405 GLX Saloon. I've not seen this one about before. It's alloys even had the centre caps still fitted.

Thanks, keep an eye on that green one if it comes up for sale cheap though, but I'm hoping to win your cavalier soon, so I might not need it.

Small update, the child lock will not remain in the off position on one of the back doors, much to teenage daughters annoyance, apparently it's even more annoying if your parents rock the car a lot while you are trapped inside.

The unintended amusement factor of this fault means it is very low on the priority list.

Got my "supplies" back here at 23:30 last nightreceived_494118001153061.thumb.jpeg.ecc0155c30b0dffc7bfd66c3b6006e0b.jpeg

Bye bye manky door..IMG_20190907_161538252.thumb.jpg.f7e710cd036f2ca08db0e4fcc2554cec.jpg

IMG_20190907_161550617.thumb.jpg.fb273776f8527016c1e238f3ee155ced.jpg

Hello solid door!..IMG_20190907_183547295.thumb.jpg.7cf5ee49d657dee45e4de4137d69f3e4.jpg

Excuse the oily finger marks

I was a bit gutted at the fact it wasn't the same white despite the paint code and year being the same, until I realised it actually is, but the new door still has it's full quota of lacquer. The trims around the window are different, my new one doesn't have the Chrome strips, might try and swap them over to the new door, also the new door has lost me at least 15mph as it didn't have the go faster stripe!

I've got the mirror off and in my living room at the minute so I can try and fix it, the one on the new door was even more broken unfortunately.

It turns out I was wrong about the interior door panel being the same as mine aswell, had to swap it over from my door to the new one, mine had a small red fleck, where the replacement door had a small white fleck. Interior door panels with no red fleck now available if anyone needs them.

I'll take the drivers door lock mech. out for you when I get a chance @loserone