Collection thread

taxi paul

So kids are out . Sat here bored mooching at ebay when this pops up. Vectra b 500 yards from my house. Anyway I knew the owner , used to drive taxis now retired. He has had it for 18 years.  Mot till may next year. It's a 1.8 ls. Bodywork is a bit tatty but it has had the belt done and a new clutch .75,000 miles and knowing the owner mechanically spot on. £350.00 English pounds which seems fair considering the file of Bill's and service history. I really wanted the x type off here but insurance was bloody mad. So a bit of tarting up and a few scrap yard visits should see it a bit tidier. It will probably just be used a has a WBOD and park the jap bus up. Anyway I should get my money back when it comes to move on. So no pez shot or food intake. Just a stroll round and drive it back. 

20190901_172443.jpg

20190901_172433.jpg

Yes thank you. I have been debating on moving on my jap bus. A bit big and thirsty for running kids around. So this is a cheaper way of seeing how I get on with five seats,  petrol savings alone will pay for it I hope. Also my bus was off the road for a few weeks and I spent around 650 hiring a bloody car. The photos flatter the body work. Still be nice to park anywhere and not worry about some dickhead dinting your doors. 

18 hours ago, taxi paul said:

Yes thank you. I have been debating on moving on my jap bus. A bit big and thirsty for running kids around. So this is a cheaper way of seeing how I get on with five seats,  petrol savings alone will pay for it I hope. Also my bus was off the road for a few weeks and I spent around 650 hiring a bloody car. The photos flatter the body work. Still be nice to park anywhere and not worry about some dickhead dinting your doors. 

That's kind of my mentality with cars living where I live, I park in a council car park and pick up as bit of someone else's paint every couple of days, it would be gutting to own anything fancy living here.

Honestly, you should try and keep that on the road too, Vectra b's are disappearing so fast now, in a few years it will be a rare sight.