Sporty's sports car. MX5 adventures.

sporty-shite

After a successful raffle result, I became the owner of a short tested and slightly care worn MX. Norfolk n weigh kindly offered to collect from Wuvvum, in exchange  for me taking his raffle win 406 coupe to Milton Keynes. 

On arrival daughter n weigh told me it had been begging down a bit on open throttle. Not to worry, thought I,  itll be fine. Anyway, it turned into a full blown misfire on the way home, so in true fashion, I just clenched my cheeks and kept going! 

Second hand could pack, and a set of ECP leads and it's now running a treat. 

Bow onto MOT. It ran out a few days ago, so whilst it was running well  I thought I might as well gamble on a test. Only bloody passed. 

So, itll be going to Chumley this Sunday. 

Initial impressions are, it's a load of fun and I like it. It's got a couple of scuffs I'll try and buff out if I get time, and it's got that poorly painted front wing. I'm toying with the idea of camo wrap , sticker bomb or something else stupidly scene, just to save me having to paint it. Ideas welcome. Might even have a communal "stick things on" at Chumley. 

20190814_230730.jpg

Screenshot_20190830-185530_Chrome.jpg

8 minutes ago, snagglepuss said:

Glad the coil pack helped.

It was the wrong type! Meant to text you to see if you wanted it back for Alex as a spare. I'll bring it to Chumley. 

Edit to add, the fact it didn't fit was entirely my fault for not checking  which one I needed.

It was the wrong type! Meant to text you to see if you wanted it back for Alex as a spare. I'll bring it to Chumley. 
Edit to add, the fact it didn't fit was entirely my fault for not checking  which one I needed.
No worries... Either lob it at me or Northern monkey man at Chumley.

8 hours ago, robinmasters said:

It's your car, but as you asked...

Don't. Fucking. Do. It. 

Genuine Patina is where the mx5 scene at as towers is.  No sticker bombs, no como, no stripes.