Beaulieu Interacial Auto-womble 2019

MrSchwifty

Any shiters going to the Beaulieu International Autojumble this year? Always an interesting day out even if its mainly overpriced Austin 7 parts. 

I have generally found that although pickings are slim for 70's/80's/90's shite, that if you do find it it is normally a bargain as it's just shite to the seller and "not for a real classic".  The paddock is always a laugh to see how much someone rekkons they can get for a well polished MG Midget made entirely of Bog, and the Bonhams tent is just funny to see how the upper 3% live.  What are other peoples experiences? 

I'll be going on the Sunday from Oxford, would be good to meet up with other shiters at the Ale tent :) 

Ordinarily I would be; I get free tickets with work. But this year I’m missing it and shall instead be under the influence of beer and nitromethane at Santa Pod for three days.

The Beaulieu exhibitors car park can normally present some some good chod sporting opportunities though   

I am going with my old man - it is a good excuse to go and see my folks. Will be flying in to London City and seeing what my Dad will be liberating from his garage.

Top tip, you can get a Bonhams' catalogue which gets you into their auction and the event too. Not much (or any?) saving, but you get to look round the auction. That said, there wasn't a great deal that tickled my fancy this year. This obviously only works if you go on the Saturday.

I used to enjoy looking round the car park, but most people seem to come in moderns these days. The National Motor Museum is good.

Always feels like the tipping point between summer and autumn. Oh and the New Forest is always magic.