Solent Shiters Meetup - 8th September, Brewhouse Project, Arundel West Sussex

Stanky

Yep a nice smoll meet up this lunchtime, thank you @Stanky for arranging. Couple of now familiar faces and one new for me.

I personally liked the venue; nice selection of things to drink & scoff, brought some bottled ciders home with me which I'll relish this evening with a curry. It's a good place if you like quality coffee and real ales none of which are ridiculously priced. I think a bacon roll and coffee breakfast deal £3.75, coffees from about £2 and beers from about £3.75/pint, so certainly not extortionate.

Should have got a photo of the tent in the field next door - might have been @Bucketeer on his travels.

Car park is a little smaller than I expected it to be, which would be a concern if a larger (dozen or more) group of us met there in the future especially as we'd be there for a couple hours, (though I'll happily pick someone up or be picked up if needed). Might be worth letting them know a group will be visiting them with a motley selection of classic* cars. More than willing to make enquiries about this if needed.

All in all Eighteenty/10 for venue, would go there again.

19 minutes ago, nigel bickle said:

Sorry to miss it guys, esp when local to me.

i was doing this

878D2FFF-B84B-4391-87A4-4C9C9FB1391A.thumb.jpeg.8297683bde9aada4ee6fc3073a128d0c.jpeg

& didn’t get back till early evening.

Will try harder next time.. Promise

If you're back this way would you like me to pop the Samara book of lies round this week? You're round the corner from my wife's best friend and we're due to visit her this week so not going out of my way.

5 minutes ago, Stanky said:

I've only had the IPA and its alright, not amazing but adequate. I've got the dark ale for another night which i hope is more interesting. The IPA was OK just generically hopped.

Whats the verdict on the ciders?

Ciders pretty good. Much better than strongbow and the other mass produced stuff as expected, though not a patch on real scrumpy or home made ciders.

The crowmen 6% abv one was nice, dry it tasted very appley, bit like a Cox apple a hint of honey, but left a slight taste in the mouth like it was artificially strong, almost as if it had half a shot of vodka in it.

The weaker 4.8% Conquest was the nicer pint, again very very apply, a bit sweeter and very honeyed; it tasted like egremont russets (my favourite apple) and not that pungent added alcohol taste. I prefer a cider that tastes more like apple juice, although this can be dangerous.