CPJ's 2003 Sporty Passat - now belongs to Floatylight

cpjitservices

Just now, HMC said:

That’s come up a treat! Nice drop of paint on it; starting to get unusual to see such a tidy one.

Yeah, polish and wax! Weather protercted for approx 1 year! It really has come up nice!  Its such a nice car it deserves some TLC and some money spending on it.

Looking at cambelt replacement very soon!

57 minutes ago, Bren said:

You can come and clean ours. Ours also needs a water pump and timing belt plus new dampers - still cheaper than buying another car which may turn out to be crap.

20190826_194448.jpg

Yep same reasoning I have... Hence ill spend the money.

Mines a bit bouncy, Im presuming it will need new dampers soon!

Nice car, worth the spends!

You've blinged that nice.

Now now that is all Shrite and Biney it's ceeentuates that OSF wing.  I would not want to be taking a mota to the body shop that fitted that OSf wing.  Panel gap is a wide as the runway at Heathro..I'll give them the benefit of the doubt on the flat paint and assume that they managed to get a shine on the fucckker before the lacquer degraded.

9 hours ago, Isaac Hunt said:

You've blinged that nice.

Now now that is all Shrite and Biney it's ceeentuates that OSF wing.  I would not want to be taking a mota to the body shop that fitted that OSf wing.  Panel gap is a wide as the runway at Heathro..I'll give them the benefit of the doubt on the flat paint and assume that they managed to get a shine on the fucckker before the lacquer degraded.

I think it has had a replacmeent wing because of rot, maybe. No the finish is very flat and does need lacquer. Not sure what I am going to do about it yet.

• 4 weeks later...

Update: Camblet and Waterpump and new Ancilliary belts done.

4 hours time to do, due to rounded off bolts in the crank pulley - and they had to be drilled out.

Also, there are two kits for this, one with Hydraulic tensioner and one with Mechanical.. mines the engine with mechanical. But thats not the kit I had.

Anyway: Some Pennies later and she's all done!

To be fair - looking at the old belt I could of held of for a while yet as it did not show singns of wear. Never can be to careful though.

70827724_524283018382853_8539011265010335744_n.jpg

• 1 month later...

Update on the Passat:

Needs new Passenger side headlight as indicator not working - PCB worn in  headlight unit. Rather annoying.

I have spotted an 2004 BMW 320D Which im going to leave a note on the windscreen, poor thing is sitting with flat tyres, smahsed Passenger side Window - No MOT and No TAX - 201k on the clock !! WCPGW!

Will ask around see whos it is. COuld not get better Photo as phone died! but this is the one!

bmw.jpg

Passat needs new headlight - not bad at £60 for a new one.

I must say though, as much as I love this car it's time with me I feel is nearing it's end! 

I keep looking at C5 Allroads on ebay - I have always wanted one of those so may save for a while.

At the moment I have a lot of business meetings, which I keep finding my self parking round the corner! 

Fantastic car though! Just shy of 3k this month with no problems. Cheap on fuel too. New thermostat needed as it does not get up to temp.

This is the wifes new car, its actually a really good car!

She Paid £1,050 for it and it is a pretty good car! Very comfy and so far reliable and drives very nice indeed.

I think I need one with a proper boot! We managed to get around 550 miles to a full tank, steady driving on a long run. 2.0 TDCI engine has plenty of power, 140BHP I think it is.

I need one of these!

74477226_955009804864830_6925722038535454720_n.jpg