Trigs new project - Granada Scorpio

trigger

I've never driven one of these Granadas but have good memories of blatting up to Heathrow in one just like this, courtesy of the firm's favourite limo service. I was always half-cut, of course! ( business travel?) And then a week or two later, and once again dazed 'n confused, (this time by jet-lag)  the most comfortable  part of the journey home.

The last big British Ford.

On 2/28/2020 at 5:03 PM, trigger said:

Thanks, I really don't know what it's worth if I'm honest, prices are all over the show for them, some are £500, others are £5000 (admittedly not selling mind) I know what it owes me though, at a rough guess probably around £1500? I don't know if that's expensive or not?.

Easy to value these days M9, stick one of these on the back window...

s-l300.jpg.13c391b387e6e2b026d4c53b5de1dc92.jpg

Seven and a half Grand all day long.

10 minutes ago, egg said:

What I take from the pics is the feeling that Ford didn't penny pinch down to the bone on every model they built...

Proper 1980's "loadsa money" Ford ?

Superb pics really glad its back on the road and looking better than ever ?

This reminds me of my student days..... dreadful white 2.9Ghia mk3 Granada abandoned on campus by an outgoing student, with at least 220k on the clock if the MOT papers found in the glovebox and the speedo reading to be believed. Was left in a car park for months, eventually took ownership and after a few days freeing brakes, some carb cleaner,  glassfibre mat, 2 partworns, and some judicially applied isopon had the thing through the MOT despite it's dubious history. A true Stevie Wonder special..... Several months of commuting 6 or 7 students up, it pulled like a train and was the best student motoring imaginable for 1998. Then the fuelling went to pot and never got to the bottom of why. Moving on to a similarly abandoned D reg Toyota Corolla seemed a far easier idea so the Granny got robbed of its leather seats and any other omgosf parts and scrapped. A  later fling with a '94 Scorpio didn't press the same buttons so I considered this itch scratched. Until seeing this thread...…..now I have the itch again something chronic...…all I can say is please don't put it up for sale for at least the next 3 months  ?

In all seriousness good effort with the resto and thanks for bringing back some great memories??

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Err... I seem to have sold this already! ? I've used it for a few days outs, work a few times, pottering about and even a small meet in Felixstowe last week but due to COVID its really not done much other than cost me money in tax and insurance and having two other cars both tax exempt and not enough room for a 3rd something had to go and with the insurance up for renewal this got the boot. 

Put it on ebay as a classified ad on Saturday and had loads of messages then Sunday I had a offer of £2500 which I accepted, a lad from County Durham fell in love with it, wired the money across without viewing it and a Polish guy from Shiply turned up at 10am this morning and had it away. 

IMG-20200623-WA0000.thumb.jpg.4cb6ac254fd8fbab5dbde763a8e0643a.jpg

And at 3.30pm I got a text from a very happy new owner to say its arrived. 

IMG_20200623_215129_931.thumb.jpg.5fb8c2d8d71034f46fe5ac5f36ada3ea.jpg

So that's that, I think the Marina might be the next one for the chop as I fancy something to replace the two that I really want, not sure what yet so watch this space but a Volvo Amazon would be rather nice, if I can afford one... 

That’s the same guy that moved my XJ12 up north to storage when we moved to the States. He disappeared with it for a day causing great concern but eventually arrived just as I was looking for my insurance details. Seemed like a nice bloke though.