Wireless Bluetooth Transmitter - in Cigarette port

Wingz123

56 minutes ago, Wingz123 said:

How does it work for you? Are they easy to use? I suppose you just tune it to the same frequency on the fm radio? Do you by any chance have a link to the one you bought? 

Thank you

35391954690_f7b760a9e6.jpg

Yes..... It will play [Blootooth paired] from your phone/or Thumbstick direct (as here for me) and plugged into the aux headphone input - or broadcast on a spare freq for the radio to be tuned into...

Also has mic for handsfree phone answering ;)

I've had an aux version before, had it in the xantia and it was OK for music, calls were a bit shit though. Perma wired it in and had it power on with the car (well, it would stay on with the engine off and kill its little battery in 2 hours so came back on when the car was on...) 

I imagine the fm ones are shit though, any way to aux in? Cd changer port to aux cable? 

I’ve only had ones that were rubbish, worked fine when in the driveway but down the road when some of the other radio transmitters come into range they faded and sort of blended together.

is there a CD changer circuit on the Jag you can tap into with a Bluetooth receiver?  This is what I did on the Honda CRV.

I believe you can get a slightly posher version of the Bluetooth radio thing that plugs into the back of the radio aerial socket which is supposed to work better but I’ve never tried one.

Thanks for the replies - I shall look into this. I may have the bits I could cobble together to get it to work with what gadgetgricey is giving me however if unsuccessful I shall look at cable in the cd changer port however this jag has a gigantic satnav screen unit not a conventional single din Headunit to pop out so not sure what the back of one would look like. 

On another matter until recently I had been playing spotify on my phone through the aux cable and into my prius but was getting horrendous static and I'm sure others have had it that when the revs build up the whine of the static gets louder. I have now managed to pair my phone up to the bluetooth (took me so long as the entire language of the Headunit is in Japanese being an import and you cannot change this to english) and it is crystal clear with no static at all.....hence why I'd rather go the bluetooth route with the Jag in an ideal world

My aux to tape with my phone was fucking unbearable in the xm! Interference everywhere, I knew I was getting a call or text a good 5 seconds before the phone rung, and on long journeys I knew when it was changing cell tower too! 

Dug my creative zen out for the rest of my ownership of the xm after that!