The thread for admitting 'sad bastard' stuff...

xtriple

As above, anyone care to admit to doing the sort of stuf that singles you out as a proper sad bastard with too much time and too little imagination so you do stupid things on your car/cars?

Apart from spending far too long with a tube of Solvol Autosol and a wrag cleaning/polishing the tailpipes on my car, today I took sad bastardness to a new and previously unexplored level.

I painted, by hand and with great care, the wheel bolts on each and every wheel as they were going/gone rusty.

One man and his hobby is clearly another man's mental illness. 

You, took time to go on to the internet in the middle of the night and post about something that is clearly perverse and sick, and you expect people to empathise and share other sick and twisted acts of erm worrying behaviour. 

You need locking up. For your own safety. 

That said I once rebadged a cavalier mk2 1.8 SRI with all the correct Opel Ascona C 1.8 GTi badges, which I obtained in an international swap with a bloke I'd never met from Norway.  Now I thing that trumps your weird and pointless and you need to try harder. 

I have a fetish for really clean glass. I'm often out polishing it on the van and car. They can be completely filthy bodywork wise but the glass must be impeccable. I even have a sqeedgie thing for removing the condensation from the glass and mirrors before I set off in the mornings. God forbid any frost.

I spent an obscene amount of time polishing my power steering pump reservoir as I discovered it was gold under the grime.

All my cars have period correct NRMA stickers on the windscreens after much research getting them reproduced, I actually just won a NOS 90s sticker for the Corolla to replace the reproduction 70s/80s sticker I had made for the Jag (I had a bunch printed). All it needs is a correct 90s grill badge (I’m on the hunt!).

My Clio has 2 large chrome tailpipes. My view is if they are designed to be prominent then they need to be clean. Autosol is my choice too.

I have a large collection of scale models and have just got into building plastic kits again after restoring the one Mr Cog of this land gave to me. I couldn't find a black Mini R56 like my 1/1 scale version so I am currently building my own from a 1:32 scale Airfix kit.

My tyre valve stem covers were blue.. Instead of sourcing a black or grey one which takes time I just hand painted them black so it looks correct right when I wanted it and not a day or two later.

I also use sharpie to blacked out my dashcam plastic chrome bits.

6 hours ago, paulplom said:

I have a fetish for really clean glass. I'm often out polishing it on the van and car. They can be completely filthy bodywork wise but the glass must be impeccable. I even have a sqeedgie thing for removing the condensation from the glass and mirrors before I set off in the mornings. God forbid any frost.

Is it true that clean Windows don't freeze up ? 

I hate to/have to admit doing or have done, just about all of the above. When I had the new sports exhaust on my SL500 I went underneath and cleaned it where the old silencers had been and were now absent. Finding the tiniest spec of rust, I sanded it, treated it, primed and painted it (the correct colour!) and then sprayed it with black Waxoyl so the carefully painted bit never again was seen. I always intended to do the black Wax on it so I don't even have the excuse it was an afterthought!

Another one of mine is to clean to perfect the front and rear valances if they have one.