Toyota Celica bought, a tale of many not bought

garethj

This plug has 2 inputs so I pulled it out and rigged up a dodgy temporary 3.5mm input jack and connected it up.

The radio didn’t switch on at all.  Arse.

I put the audio inputs inside the white plug but they weren’t a great fit, no audio came out and to be honest I wasn’t 100% sure how I’d switch to it anyway.  Bluetooth overlayed with satnav instructions wasn’t what I wanted.

Time for plan B; a conversion bracket from double DIN to single and use another radio that already had an input to it.

Next day delivery from Amazon, a set of Toyota to ISO leads from Halfords and we’re in.

4D3457EB-13B5-4AC9-8360-F21A2D2FC10A.jpeg

That Blaupunkt London sounds a lot better than the original Toyota radio, even though I think it’s a premium system.  Maybe because the Blaupunkt has better sound adjustment so I can make the most of the Toyota’s speakers.

Next was the broken petrol release lever.  It’s right by the front edge of the seat and I think it’s quite a vulnerable spot.  It looks like someone has trodden on it so while it worked, it kind of laid there like a dead rat.

Seat out, carpet up and it should be easy to see what’s what.  To add some excitement I enlisted the help of my eldest who shares the car with me.  This is an action photo of him carefully removing some of the trim clips from the sill cover.

9C082124-62BB-4287-B503-DDE32271B2F4.jpeg

My Carina II has a nice set up (likely the same?) with the boot lever twice the size of fuel - the fuel notched inside the boot, likely shared pivot pin.

s-l400.jpg

Quite hard to stand on it, to my mind anyhoo...

Nice to see a bit of ToyyoAction, m8 ;)