Ben_O

Mercedes c180 mot failure bought. Wcpgw... nothing aparantely..

The hanging onto gears when cold is to aid fast Cat heat up. They all do it. The starter is also a MB 'thing' and I really like it as I flick the key/press the button and then carry on doing whatever I was doing :)  The seats also always appear hard but remain comfortable forever on long journeys whereas a soft, comfortable seat initially leaves you wriggling around like you have piles on a long journey as that percieved comfort is merely an illusion.

Personally I find the seats cripple me on a long run hence the back rest cushion. Since I had my spine fusion last year I can't tolerate any pronounced lumbar support in a car seat. I took the Merc to France a few months back and I was virtually crying in pain until I put the full height cushion in.  Didn't know about the key thing, going to try that on mine 

Well it's still going well. Still no issues and it's quite a joy to drive.

I'm really liking it.

Only thing that did concern me was the fuel gauge. I brimmed it on Sunday and the needle read just over the full line.

I did 30 miles then 50 then 70 and it still read over the full line... I assumed that the sender had jammed and needed to be fixed so I went in search of it quickly after work. No access to it from under the seat or in the boot and I couldn't be bothered to get it up in the air so set off home.

Eventually after it ticked past 80 miles on the trip the needle moved onto the full line and by the time I got home, it was just under the full line so 83 miles achieved before the needle moved.

I'm sure it's working but just surprised that it didn't drop sooner especially as u have probably used between 2 and 3 gallons...

I'm starting to think more seriously about sorting the minor rust on the doors soon before the winter. Knowing me, I'll end up painting right down both sides of the car which of course means I may as well do the bonnet as well.

Cheers

Ben

Erratic/non reading fuel gauges is a well known W202 issue. Mine only read full after the first few miles when brimming the tank and then fell to zero. I just used the trip meter to keep tabs on when to fill up. There are twin saddle tanks and the sender can only be accessed from underneath. I looked into the cost of parts and decided to live with it.