It's Wednesday, it's 5AM, it must be a collection thread!

chatsharris

Gearbox will be shifter cable, I've had a couple of R8/Civics do the same thing. When the cable seizes up they either get stuck in P, or won't go into P.
The shift cable for Civics/R8s is NLA now unless you want to pay £90 from the US - hope the Prelude one's a bit easier to find, but I wouldn't be too optimistic.

15 hours ago, Ghosty said:

Gearbox will be shifter cable, I've had a couple of R8/Civics do the same thing. When the cable seizes up they either get stuck in P, or won't go into P.
The shift cable for Civics/R8s is NLA now unless you want to pay £90 from the US - hope the Prelude one's a bit easier to find, but I wouldn't be too optimistic.

The first Prelude had a similar snag - but it only made itself known on the drive to Coventry to px it for the Lexus.  I already had a contingency £200 with MrsHarris becuase I had a feeling the seller was going to be a minge about it (and he was).  I'll do some digging on it though and see what I can get for it - easy enough job?

13 hours ago, SRi05 said:

So happy this thing is still going strong and still in the fold. One of my favourite cars ever 

It's an ace motor, it's definitely a long termer.