chatsharris

It's Wednesday, it's 5AM, it must be a collection thread!

Not had much of a chance to do anything with this at the moment. Swapped out the rear speakers, exactly the same as my previous Prelude if you want pictures!

Dropped off for a last second MOT, en route the Speedo was playing silly buggers more than normal, check engine light came on as well. We'll see how this goes. 0b9dcbfe3af722e0ddced8158e969fe5.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

CV boots were an MOT fail last year and were replaced 🤔Headlights are OMGCHINALEDS, I put the originals back in for the test, think they might still be in the boot. EML will be the exhaust, it'll go off when you restart the car and not appear for days/weeks again. 

1 minute ago, chatsharris said:

They've quoted £500 for all the required work emoji848.png

Taken it back, going to crack on with the jobs and the tame mechanic can bash out the CV boots.

Tell them to GTF

21 minutes ago, Split_Pin said:

Any tester that advises for plastic sill trims fitted is being pedantic IMO.

Take it elsewhere!

When project Bini went in for it's test last week things like missing clutch pedal rubber and perished fuel cap seal were listed as items to monitor which I didn't even realise were part of the test (are they?). To be honest on this occasion I was glad they were extra thorough as now I have a comprehensive list of things to fix and I know they've been through it with a fine toothcomb.

Yeah, get to fuck on that test. Easy fixes.

Bulging sidewall? Those tyres aren't that old, but they are cheap.
I checked it, there's a finger sized bulge on the inside. Knacked.

30 minutes ago, Tartan58 said:

When project Bini went in for it's test last week things like missing clutch pedal rubber and perished fuel cap seal were listed as items to monitor which I didn't even realise were part of the test (are they?). To be honest on this occasion I was glad they were extra thorough as now I have a comprehensive list of things to fix and I know they've been through it with a fine toothcomb.

They can advise as they see fit I guess!

A&D in Barton Hill, as recommended by SiC. I think I know where you live from the photos earlier in the thread, and you can probably walk there. The only problem is you'll generally have to wait a week or two... 

So apparently despite this going along the line and it blatantly being some sort of manufacturing error, Evergreen tyres aren't interested as I didn't buy the tyres myself. Cocksacks. It'll have to be a part worn for now until funds improve. c05f4921363d60d89dfaebaf275a46ef.jpga1205666f2b710c8511a67fe3685e516.jpg

So today I had planned in for a while, to get the exhaust changed at my mechanics and to get both CV joints changed.

He called me this afternoon to inform me not only had he managed to get these jobs sorted without any dramas, he was also able to get a last second MOT test done before I picked it up due to a last minute cancellation.

d75a9840df4733f55e13472634e46cfb.jpg

Winner winner. The whole list of jobs cost the same as one CV boot change with t'other fuckwit. Bargainn