It's Wednesday, it's 5AM, it must be a collection thread!

chatsharris

CV boots were an MOT fail last year and were replaced ?Headlights are OMGCHINALEDS, I put the originals back in for the test, think they might still be in the boot. EML will be the exhaust, it'll go off when you restart the car and not appear for days/weeks again. 

21 minutes ago, Split_Pin said:

Any tester that advises for plastic sill trims fitted is being pedantic IMO.

Take it elsewhere!

When project Bini went in for it's test last week things like missing clutch pedal rubber and perished fuel cap seal were listed as items to monitor which I didn't even realise were part of the test (are they?). To be honest on this occasion I was glad they were extra thorough as now I have a comprehensive list of things to fix and I know they've been through it with a fine toothcomb.

30 minutes ago, Tartan58 said:

When project Bini went in for it's test last week things like missing clutch pedal rubber and perished fuel cap seal were listed as items to monitor which I didn't even realise were part of the test (are they?). To be honest on this occasion I was glad they were extra thorough as now I have a comprehensive list of things to fix and I know they've been through it with a fine toothcomb.

They can advise as they see fit I guess!

So today I had planned in for a while, to get the exhaust changed at my mechanics and to get both CV joints changed.

He called me this afternoon to inform me not only had he managed to get these jobs sorted without any dramas, he was also able to get a last second MOT test done before I picked it up due to a last minute cancellation.

d75a9840df4733f55e13472634e46cfb.jpg

Winner winner. The whole list of jobs cost the same as one CV boot change with t'other fuckwit. Bargainn

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

• 7 months later...

Whoa, seven months and bugger all update.

Well, the truth is that sadly this did take a bit of a back seat lately, buying my ex out of my house was a costly exercise and didn't really leave much room for frivolous purchases such as insurance, and I had somewhere safe to leave it for the time.

I did get a spot in Retro Cars though about my two though which is neat. I even wore them as shoes, like I promised. It was much harder than I thought.

Recently though, I had a bit of spare cash with not being able to go out, so I got it insured, and during a required visit to work, took the Prelude home and gave it a damn good cleaning. I wish I took before pictures, but I always forget to. However, it came up beautifully. I am planning to move the original prelude on, and put more effort into this one. 720832aa1ed8a45b7dd5a02db4a2181b.jpg881c8dd2aa01d76a108e59277920282e.jpg

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

• 11 months later...

Probably should give this some sort of update.

I still have this one, it's still MOT'd and it's still a bloody beauty.  Lockdown and sea time has meant that it's not getting too much use at the moment though, and that's a challenge I need to sort.

Current issues with it at the moment:

- It's in need of new front springs.  It's way too low for my tastes!

- The battery is on it's way out, as I think the starter is starting to stick too.

- The rear spoiler is trying to make a break for it on one side, the screws holding it have worn it through so I'll need to find a better way of securing.

- Speed sensor for gearbox eventually.

I did pinch the clock from the outgoing one before I px'd it, so that works now thankfully!

21 minutes ago, chatsharris said:

The rear spoiler is trying to make a break for it on one side

Ah, yeah, that.

I think the spoiler was dealer fit (as were the alloys - which are from the Honda accessory brochure, possibly the non-functioning Honda branded alarm too). The spoiler's fittings looked bodgey as fuck when I had it (three years ago!). 
I remember the spoiler being held on with some very dodgy looking screws, I know I did something to secure it back down. Maybe that's the side I didn't touch... 

Done anything with the new wheels yet? 

• 4 months later...

Spoiler did appear dealer fit.  Bit of Tiger seal and it's going nowhere!

Bit of work being done to it in my absence, my favourite mechanic is retiring in October, so MrsHarris has booked the Prelude in for an MOT in August before he disappears. 

It's getting the centre section of the exhaust done, the springs replaced and the starter motor replaced.  It has a Mitsuya Motor, but they're unobtanium, so the Denso one should suffice.  Bit bigger in the body but it's got space around it so should be fine.

When I get back, finally put tyres on the new alloys and get them fitted, then a bit of love for the gearbox (it seemed to stick in park once for MrsHarris, resulting in an AA callout), new speed sensor which I keep forgetting to get sorted and that should be sorted for a while! 

Gearbox will be shifter cable, I've had a couple of R8/Civics do the same thing. When the cable seizes up they either get stuck in P, or won't go into P.
The shift cable for Civics/R8s is NLA now unless you want to pay £90 from the US - hope the Prelude one's a bit easier to find, but I wouldn't be too optimistic.