It's Wednesday, it's 5AM, it must be a collection thread!

chatsharris

Split > he already had enough cars and he knew I wanted it!

Jim > it was quality, the woman next to me let her kid listen to his iPad at full blast! No headphones!I love easyJet.

Fifty miles in, car is driving great. Pulled in for a piss and a coffee, then I'll continue.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

8a4364eb74825bdd9d92ac9208da674c.jpg

Home safe and sound, and 390ish done on a tank, I'll fill up and get the empeegee figure later.

That was a nice pleasant drive, few little jobs that can be bashed out after the MOT and I've got a damn fine car.

To go with the other car.

...and the other car.

you cant be back in bristol already... talk about chodspeed, warp 1 down the m6 was it
Couldn't have been, I still have about 1.5 gallons left in the tank I didn't have a massive amount of traffic to contend with so it was fairly smooth throughout.

RELIABLE HONDA ENGINE

Nah, really this time. One of the best running Hondas I had (after replacing all the ignition parts).
You're not wrong there.

69cc5a0302bf39f007ab3cacb4443a1a.jpg

This is a 26 year old engine - it has no business being this clean. All the fluids were perfect levels and crystal clear and absolutely nil concerns.

Still, probably should have at least checked it before driving down the country

3 hours ago, chatsharris said:

Still, probably should have at least checked it before driving down the country emoji2357.png

Not at all, you did it the only* right way.

When Mason was bought off my driveway by three insane Scots in the pitch black pouring rain on a Saturday in November, they set off at 6pm without having even looked under the bonnet and did the 490 miles in one hit. 

They had only basic personal belongings, no food, tools or anything for the journey. 

Like the awesome Honda you've just picked up, it has the sort of engines and mechanicals that make you feel 100% confident it'll go on for however long you demand of it.

8 minutes ago, rantingYoof said:

Not at all, you did it the only* right way.

When Mason was bought off my driveway by three insane Scots in the pitch black pouring rain on a Saturday in November, they set off at 6pm without having even looked under the bonnet and did the 490 miles in one hit. 

They had only basic personal belongings, no food, tools or anything for the journey. 

Like the awesome Honda you've just picked up, it has the sort of engines and mechanicals that make you feel 100% confident it'll go on for however long you demand of it.

I don't want to be reminded of that night.

The cold sweat comedown from the energy drinks somewhere outside Stonehaven at 2am was not pleasant.

Ha! I've done that exact journey before when picking the Jag up. easyJet Bristol to Glasgow is really cheap on the early morning flights. Airport to Glasgow centre can be Uber'd but I took the bus as I was being a skinflint. Did Uber from Temple Meads to the Airport though as I hate waiting for flights and get awfully nervous I'll miss it. 

I think @Nyphur has done it recently too. 

Well done on the collection! One complaint, no Tebay services pictures?

Hells bells. I've not been watching the beige too much recently. Glasgow FFS and Scotoshite Plc were not informed? We could have held a minute silence or something while we were all at work.
I've done two shite collections using planes - the bus and the silver 760 Turbo. They are indeed utter arse for interesting KOLLEKSHUNEERINGS but sometimes it's worth it for the time saved. Not quite on the scale my most recent collection thread (Here) but then again I did my utmost to rip the hole right out of it.

Top shiting, sir!