The Peugeot 205

LimitedSlippedDisc

Hello shitterz - having successfully dug out my old account I thought I’d ask if anyone still uses a 205 as a daily driver?

I sold my old GRD back in 2012 (the for sale thread is probably still on this forum somewhere!) and I’ve missed it ever since.  I might be on the lookout for a good one in the near future, but will need to move on my W123 first to make space - I must be mad?!

There was something so raw and simple about the whole driving experience which nothing else I’ve driven compares to - and 55 mpg all day long!  Mine was without PAS and was all the better for it!

Oh that one? Isn't that the one @320touringand I helped to deliver from @Jim Bell to @Sealtainn? Still on the island I believe.

Just managed to get a test onto the ex @snagglepuss @Bucketeerloaned ex @Lacquer Peel 205 today.  Still needs some work on the brakes though!

IMG-20190812-WA0010.thumb.jpeg.0f31b52b20554fcebb2701d5f6e1333a.jpeg

45 minutes ago, HMC said:

Agreed on the pure back to basics ness of a 205. I last Dailyed one early last year F-something-JCD. That had no fripperies too. from memory Holbeck and then bucketeer akso had it as a daily and I believe a young enthusiast in Scotland now has it.

Indeed, @stereotype is dailying it at present.

12 hours ago, loserone said:

Oh that one? Isn't that the one @320touringand I helped to deliver from @Jim Bell to @Sealtainn? Still on the island I believe.

Just managed to get a test onto the ex @snagglepuss @Bucketeerloaned ex @Lacquer Peel 205 today.  Still needs some work on the brakes though!

IMG-20190812-WA0010.thumb.jpeg.0f31b52b20554fcebb2701d5f6e1333a.jpeg

Very similar to The Puglet, mine was a 3dr though

I daily a 205 Dturbo (3dr in the red of many shades) and have done since it replaced my K10 Micra. It's a fantastic thing - all the car you need for 98% of the time. 

Its been such a good car and has so much charm that the Mrs decided she wanted one to learn to drive in. Hence we now have the 1.6 auto as well! 

As usual, my hankering for other more obscure french tat is starting to get the better of me again and I'm considering letting the Dturbo go at some point - anyone have a Citroen GSA they want to sell?!

I daily one - N reg 1.1

I'm not a small car person, my ideal car is a large automatic with a big engine, but due to a change in job and as a result circumstances (no mileage payment and funding my commute myself) I use the 205 as a commuter car and it has halved my monthly fuel bill for my daily 84 mile round trip. And I am absolutely smitten with it, will take a lot of prizing out of my hands to be fair. I've been offered a 57 plate 320d and a 56 plate A4 TDi over the last 3 days by friends as 'economical commuters' and whilst they have the edge in terms of comfort etc, I've declined both.

205.jpg