Shite car swapping at the English/Scottish border

GeordieInExile

So that's the Saab away then. It's been a wonderful year but you know how it is, you always wonder whether there's anything else you could be driving.

Turns out in my case there was! A car familiar to most of you, I think, thanks to @Jim Bell's very informative thread.

@aldo135 messaged to ask whether I was up for a swap for his Mini and although at first I was horrified as I was under the misapprehension it was a convertible... I was delighted to be very wrong.

Just back from our meeting point at Berwick Maccy's (shite food for shite cars, I had 20 spicy nuggets) and I'm over the moon with this little thing, that engine is such a willing little revver!

Thanks again Alan - hope you enjoy the Saab as much as I did. I'm going to really miss that car, but I just need something cheaper to run!

IMG_20190811_150849.jpg

Had a great time with the Mini, but with 3 kids the chance to swap for something bigger that can also GLF was too good to pass up. I think I’m really going to like the Saab, it drove back up to Edinburgh very well, taking the horrible weather in its stride. Good to meet you @GeordieInExile! Rain stopped any woollarding but I’ve got a couple of pictures

B00A4818-37E6-4E76-AD69-67F2D0B55859.jpeg

925683EC-29CE-42F1-857E-58D5982C0A20.jpeg

The (one of very few) upside of working odd shifts I see that occasionally I find myself on a deserted motorway at 2-3am and might have a little go to see what the 9-5 can do. I shan't post numbers but I ran out of bottle before the car ran out of steam - and mine is only the vector - fooking fast, these motors, I tell thee :)

but don't try to fling it round a roundabout like an mx5, that was an experience I won't be repeating in a hurry 

Nice Saab Aldo, now do yourself a favour and get a spare coilpack (DIC). Apparently these are known to fail and leave you stranded.

I've got a spare in the back now. If you get an EML come up, and the code is P1311 or P1312, it's a sure sign the coilpack is starting to fail.

I keep getting those codes, hence the spare in the back of the car.

51 minutes ago, Tetleysmooth said:

Nice Saab Aldo, now do yourself a favour and get a spare coilpack (DIC). Apparently these are known to fail and leave you stranded.

I've got a spare in the back now. If you get an EML come up, and the code is P1311 or P1312, it's a sure sign the coilpack is starting to fail.

I keep getting those codes, hence the spare in the back of the car.

I left him one in the boot!

...it produces an EML, but if the new one I put on last year suddenly goes, it'll get him home.