Cheap DS. Yes I'm that stupid.

Frogchod

6 minutes ago, ETCHY said:

How's this going?

I bought a book on them the other day (original Citroen DS),  as i'll never own one, so obviously I need to know how to make one original (WTF do I buy books like that? :?) However it's fascinating, full of pant wettingly cool pics  & I'd recommend it if you're rebuilding one.

I'd never realised what incredible cars these are !

What's the book? 

The book is -

Original Citroen DS (reissue): The Restorer's Guide to all DS and ID models 1955-75 by John Reynolds with Jan de Lange.

It's a re-issue of a book from 1996. Loads of colour pics & shows model evolution/ features/variation etc from start of production through to the end.. 144 page hardback (got it from amazon but it's available in loads of places).

Might be worth a look ;)

Best of luck with the project :grin:

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/25/2019 at 5:39 PM, ETCHY said:

The book is -

Original Citroen DS (reissue): The Restorer's Guide to all DS and ID models 1955-75 by John Reynolds with Jan de Lange.

It's a re-issue of a book from 1996. Loads of colour pics & shows model evolution/ features/variation etc from start of production through to the end.. 144 page hardback (got it from amazon but it's available in loads of places).

Might be worth a look ;)

Best of luck with the project :grin:

I recommend the 'Original' series of books - really well done. Some marque books can be a little ho hum - these show the cars in real detail by marque experts. They cover the DS and some Jaguars (there may be others). The originals are for sale second hand on the web but because of their quality have really held their value - so any of them are £25 up....some of the Jaguar ones are in the £100's. I have the XJ one. Lovely books and really useful.

Jesus, I've never seen somebody putting up-and-over garage doors on a building before... I thought that practice had died a death a long time ago. Still, the DS at least restores a bit of credibility. I reckon after the paperwork bullshit the recomissioning will be easy in comparison 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Lockdown is being enforced and yes you'll need a permit (and ID) every time you travel.

I've just done mine for tomorrow, three off them :(  Professionals have a more complicated form to fill in, it has to state where,when, why and the route.

On the plus side the roads are very very quiet , just drove through St Lo at rush hour with none of the usual ques .

Brittany Ferries are stopping tomorrow.

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, sutty2006 said:

That’s a massive shame. Sounds like your paperwork side of things is like trying to gain custody of a child that isn’t yours. What a way to go. Shame it couldn’t have been exported the reimported lol 

Export/import was an option early on, even had an offer from saabnut with transport help.

Too late now, the vin number is in the ANTS system as registered to a dead bloke...

Still, I can start looking for something else now :)