Anybody in Ipswich able to collect a part?

JohnK

I need a drivers door window for my A8 - I have managed to locate one, but it is in Ipswich and the seller is refusing to post.

Are there any shiters who would be willing to collect on my behalf, package well and send up or even better Shitely it?

Thanks!

Scrap that, they want £129.99 for a second hand window, the one in Ipswich is £30. Although I have just sent an e-mail off to double check it is a double glazed window as some lower spec ones do have single glazed I believe.

TBH it is probably worth my while looking into insurance excess to see about getting it replaced through my insurance instead of fucking about, I'm reluctant to use the car at present due to the windows condition and the likelihood it'll shatter if I hit a pothole or something, so having it back in a usable condition is more of a concern now particularly since it now has a functioning wheel bearing on the NSF!

24 minutes ago, SRi05 said:

@JohnK The Merc V8 that was for sale on here recently made me think about this big beast, hows it been ?

Truthfully, it's been a fucking nightmare from the day I picked it up. But it is just about all sorted to my standards, so I can enjoy it for a couple of months then I will be moving it on.

10 minutes ago, JohnK said:

Truthfully, it's been a fucking nightmare from the day I picked it up. But it is just about all sorted to my standards, so I can enjoy it for a couple of months then I will be moving it on.

Shit, not what I wanted to hear ! I owned it very briefly, bought it from a colleague then a week or so later my hours at work dropped by half and had to sell it. Drove fine the short time I had it apart from the brakes juddering like a bastard. Wouldn't mind having another go at it now things are settled again.