lesapandre

Régie Nationale des Usines Renault finest is off on it's French holidays

Street scene with Renault - mine.

The French do elegant dereliction like no one else. I think this is an old cinema probably opened in the 20's and closed in the 70's. Note the great placing of the electricity pole. 

They also do graphics like no one else. Original advert picked up over the weekend.

20190812_183722.jpg

20190811_132402.jpg

20190811_205353.jpg

More of today's spots. Quite a few Trafics about - I suppose the ever practical French still find them useful when Renault cars of that era are now very few and far between it seems. 1980-2000 so had a long production run. This is the LWB and most likely diesel.

20190813_122712.jpg

4 hours ago, lesapandre said:

This is always worth a read - was bi-weekly now weekly I see.  Really nicely done.

20190813_160130.jpg

Look in that and you'll find the mahoosive autojumble at Mezidon Canon,  willyou be here for that ?

Not over that far alas. I am in the 27 Department nearer Rouen. Send us a report? Not as many 'banger' cars on the road as I remember- but looking more carefully there are a lot of older cars about. Even my van gets a little fan-dom from time to time - or at least double-takes because it is on UK plates.

8 hours ago, lesapandre said:

Spot:

20190814_134536.jpg

Great pics, Seeing this one reminds me I need to get on my Brother case about his 1993 MK2 Uno 1.1 5dr. As it's spent the last 18 months in storage awaiting Mot repairs!   

More spots - it's a public holiday here in France. An AX and a SWB Master in one (bad) shot - both of these in daily use. The Master looked particularly nice and rust free - it will be a diesel. The orange AX indicates that it probably first belonged to La Poste. It's the utility version without the rear seats. The second Master is the more heavy duty version - these used a seperate chassis. Belongs to a small travelling fair here today in this tiny village. These are the first everyday use Masters I have seen - but plenty dotted about in farmyards. I'd certainly buy a LHD short wheelbase - a bit more manoeuvre than mine and certainly better on fuel but probably just as useful. 

20190815_085631.jpg

20190815_091825.jpg

In fairness to ze Germans the Cavalier was a badge engineered Ascona B, in the same way the Chevette and Carlton were Kadett and Rekord.

The last Vauxhalls were the HC Viva and FE Victor

Vauxhall a British brand since 1903( proudly selling Opels, Renaults, Nissans, Isuzus, Citroens, Daewoos, Peugeots, etc etc)

58 minutes ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

Did La Poste use that shade of orange? I've only ever seen their vehicles in yellow.

It might be a Bic special edition? I have a thing for those Commercial versions of small French tat. A nice little French market specific foible.

3 hours ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

Did La Poste use that shade of orange? I've only ever seen their vehicles in yellow.

Yes you are right - it's maybe one of the other utilities unless it was a Citroen colour?