Clekshun Fred - Now Peugeot 205 Sportomatic Project Fred

MrSchwifty

Well it's back home and tucked away for the time being until other stuff has been moved on. 

First impressions are - it's pretty damn mint. Very few issues from what I can tell so far, even the interior is intact! There is a rather annoying hot starting issue, looks like a problem with the automatic choke. But once up and running it drives beautifully, I'm impressed with the auto box so far - not slushy at all and the shift points are nicely timed.  

Anyway, this will become the project thread soon enough but for now here are some more pictures! 

IMG_20190805_194711.jpg

IMG_20190805_194755.jpg

IMG_20190805_194800.jpg

IMG_20190805_182937.jpg

IMG_20190805_194804.jpg

This might be a red herring, but the last motor I had that had a hot starting issue, the issue ended up being a faulty temp sender … The car thought it was still cold, so basically tried to start with full choke, when it wasn't needed.

I have no idea what setup is on these, so this might be miles off … then again, it might be something worth checking.

1 hour ago, skattrd said:

This might be a red herring, but the last motor I had that had a hot starting issue, the issue ended up being a faulty temp sender … The car thought it was still cold, so basically tried to start with full choke, when it wasn't needed.

I have no idea what setup is on these, so this might be miles off … then again, it might be something worth checking.

Have yet to delve into this, that's a damn good shout though! I'm not familiar with the Weber auto-choke system but no doubt it's some wax stat/bi metal coolant warmed linkage abortion that goes out of adjustment if you fart near it.