Dan302's new car

Dan302

• 4 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Dan302 said:

I got a dash cam for my birthday so have fitted that, managed to tuck the cable just under the front edge of the headlining then I used to little hook with sticky pads to route it down the A pillar and down the dash. They aren't very stick so shouldn't mark the plastic if I remove them.

One of those things you hope never to have to rely on, but if you do then you're very glad you've got it there.

• 3 weeks later...

The Ceed was due aĀ service so ordered oil and filter, coolant, air filter and cabin filter ready.Ā 

I then decided its too cold and wet for buggering about underneath a carĀ so popped it over to my usual garage for the oil and filter and a coolant change (it uses the shorter life blue coolant and I don't know when it was last changed)

I did the air and cabin filters myself and have to say they were probably the easiest I've ever done. Just 4 clips for the air filter and plenty of space to work. It wasn't the worst I've seen but was ready for changing. (I photographed the old one but forgot a side by side shot)

The cabin filter again was really easy to do and definitely needed doing! Its two small filter side by side in RHD Ceeds.

20210130_132030.jpg

20210130_132040.jpg

20210130_132202.jpg

20210130_132259.jpg

20210130_132553.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/9/2021 at 10:24 AM, Dan302 said:

I got a dash cam for my birthday so have fitted that, managed to tuck the cable just under the front edge of the headlining then I used to little hook with sticky pads to route it down the A pillar and down the dash. They aren't very stick so shouldn't mark the plastic if I remove them.

I keep meaning to get a dash cam, must do it soonĀ 

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Split_Pin said:

Might go on like that for years, how bad is the noise?

Fairly noticeable, sounds like when a tensioner on a belt or a pulley goes bad. I will monitor but I think its only started recently.

I'd like to get it done while I know I've the cash put aside, if I leave it until its really bad I might be skint by then!

On 2/23/2021 at 2:00 PM, Eyersey1234 said:

I keep meaning to get a dash cam, must do it soonĀ 

I got his n hers Apeman C370 for Ā£30 each and a hardwire kit for another Ā£20 each, I'm considering getting a third without the hardwire kitĀ for the Volvo too ( the 740 has no OBD2), they are decent and to get significantly better you have to pay significantly more, so they are ideal really. And they really compact and hide behind the rearview mirror.Ā 

I'm sure there are other great ones but I can confirm this one works well and gives good video.Ā 

Just don't let dashcam overship make you accelerate into dangerĀ shouting 'Dashcamuhrah m9'.

• 3 weeks later...

Had the Kia's clutch changed today due to the bearing.

I was pleased to see they fitted an LUK clutch kit. The old clutch was a genuine part but was well worn.

The old bearing barely turns and had worn into the spring finger things (I've kept the bearing as a keepsake, I'll upload a video of how f*cked it isĀ if I remember)

The clutch pedal now feels mega light :)

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/20/2021 at 4:49 PM, Dan302 said:

Had the Kia's clutch changed today due to the bearing.

I was pleased to see they fitted an LUK clutch kit. The old clutch was a genuine part but was well worn.

The old bearing barely turns and had worn into the spring finger things (I've kept the bearing as a keepsake, I'll upload a video of how f*cked it isĀ if I remember)

The clutch pedal now feels mega light :)

Chodtastic news. Glad you got it sorted.Ā 

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...