Dan302's new car

Dan302

No collection thread as I'm a bit useless and it wouldn't have been an exciting one. I bought the new steed from the same trader I bought the Focus from. I traded the Focus in to save selling on Facebook and to make collection easier and to save the hassle of insuring both.

So here she is....

IMG_20201015_134156.jpg

IMG_20201015_134204.jpg

2007 Kia Ceed 1.6 pez with just under 85000 miles on the clock. Tons of history and drives really well.

There's some rattle can stone chip repairs on the bonnet and a dent in the rear o/s door but I can't say it really bothers me.

It's got a years MOT with no advisories.

I am hopeful it will prove to be a good, reliable "an car". It booked in next week to have the tracking done as I think it's slightly out.

• Dan302 changed the title to Dan302's new car
2 hours ago, Dan302 said:

No collection thread as I'm a bit useless and it wouldn't have been an exciting one. I bought the new steed from the same trader I bought the Focus from. I traded the Focus in to save selling on Facebook and to make collection easier and to save the hassle of insuring both.

So here she is....

IMG_20201015_134156.jpg

IMG_20201015_134204.jpg

Ooh that's nice!

'an car' doesn't come any better! Well maybe the Hyundai sister car i30, I guess that depends on which grille you prefer.

5 minutes ago, Tim_E said:

Ooh that's nice!

'an car' doesn't come any better! Well maybe the Hyundai sister car i30, I guess that depends on which grille you prefer.

I'd have been more than happy with either, I think the Hyundai's tend be be slightly more expensive. I'm really pleased with it. It's an LS so reasonable spec :)

33 minutes ago, Dan302 said:

Really pleased with the Ceed so far, it's quite low geared for motorway work but I'm not too worried about that. It's having its tracking done on Friday and I'll have a good look at the tyres although I'm sure they are fine for now.

Chodtastic news. Glad you're happy with it. One of my ex workmates is on his 3rd one. 

So is it pronounced 'Seed' or 'keyed' or 'CD' or what?

It's not a criticism, I mean Ford made a car called KA, I've still no clue about that.

Hyundai tell different markets different pronunciations eg 'Hun-Day' in the US, as do several of the Japanese manufacturers such as Mazda, or 'Matsuzuda' if you are Japanese.

10 hours ago, High Jetter said:

It has to be [clarkson] C Apostrophe D [/clarkson]. Stupid name for a car.

If by Clarkson you mean Jerome DeClerke of producer bashing fame, he's the sort of looney who purposefully mis-pronounces names just to wind people up. Generally, he opens his mouth in order to wind people up.

7 minutes ago, High Jetter said:

I think someone in the naming department had too many E's!

There's also a joke about the disxlec (haha I can't spell disxlix) raver who took an F and died.

*Not intended to offend any disclecix people, meant as a comparison of sorts...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Decided to treat the Ceed to a few little bits and pieces. 

As the headlights seemed a bit rubbish I thought I'd try a pair of the Osram Nightbreakers silvers which do seem quite a bit brighter (without being a ridiculous blue and dazzling other drivers)

You have to undo two bolts to move the coolant bottle to gain access. Obviously I dropped one of the bolts somewhere in the engine.......lost forever then. Seems secure enough with just one bolt for now. I also managed to break apart the old bulb part of which is now inside the headlight 😕

I then replaced the front wiper blades and while doing so noticed one of the arms was damaged where the blade clips in meaning the wiper blade wasn't held in very securely. I had visions of it flying off during heavy rain. I managed to get both arms used from ebay for £13.56 delivered. Bonus the paint on them is much tidier than my originals. 

Knowing they would be siezed on the spindles I took them to my favourite garage who swapped them over for a fiver (using 1x puller, 2x hammers and a MAPP gas torch.......glad I didn't attempt them myself!)