Dan302's new car

Dan302

Must be something in the air, I did mine today too.

Rust already showing on the oil filter after only 6 months on the car - I assume caused by road salt.

Also changed the oil pressure switch as the dash light was working intermittently at best. Less than £5 for a genuine Ford item, correct operation has been restored.

pressure switch.JPG

filter.JPG

1 hour ago, mrbenn said:

Cheers, and you with yours!

Any update on your boot leak?

Seems sorted now I check it occasionally and it was dry even after the storms, sealing the bumper to the rear panel (leaving a gap in the middle) sorted it. Also changing the tyres seems to have pretty much got rid of the slightly "squishy" feeling at the back although I'm sure the bushes are probably a little soft.

6 hours ago, Dan302 said:

I've got a really growly rear wheel bearing, off side I think. The noise developed recently but has got a lot worse today. Not really ideal as I work for the emergency services, so am an "essential" worker and have a 60 mile round trip to work and back. Arse.

Where in the country are you? Could you use a car for a while?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Took the Focus in to a garage to have the steering and suspension checked over as the steering didn't feel quite right and the car didn't have it's MOT test last month so I thought it wise. Just needed a track rod end and now it feels much better ?. They said the bushes on the rear are a touch soft but would happily pass and MOT so no need for action just yet. (Luckily as they are a pain in the arse by all accounts)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Dan302 changed the title to Dan302's new an car tomorrow all being well...