Poor 309 at desira cars Bury St Edmunds

paulscavalier

If it’s a Peugeot dealer couldn’t you go in and ask for a new 309 like the nice one you have outside and when they say No ask and see if you can have that one.

It might put there nose out of joint but you never know they might flog it as it will be far more reliable than the current range.

The other half’s sister has a new one ( 308 I think but I’m not up  with the current stuff) and  it’s back every week for electrical faults.

TBH, that old 309 is just the sort of heap that the original scrappage scheme was meant to get off the streets.

What was galling was low mileage VDP Allegros or spotless Merc 190s getting scrapped. Rare or interesting cars.

I like 80s Pugs but that is nothing special.

If it is not tax payer subsidised then the traded car belongs to the dealer and they can scrap it if they want.

I'm sure lots of trade ins are just scrapped anyway.

Anyone want to reopen the whole scrappage debate again?

Hopefully not. Unless I have just unwittingly done just that.

I think the original scrappage scheme probably did get a lot of 309s off the road, hence the relative rarity of them.  There are some trade ins which are offered to dealers of lower priced cars. Mrs Cav went to look at a y reg yaris which had been a trade in at a main dealer but just missed out on it