Prick and collect - you RODney plonker

cort16

1 hour ago, egg said:

Were there any on a B plate? I can't remember. C plate is early anyways.

Well bought.  There's a touch of 'cab forward' about the styling isn't there?

I’m pretty sure I’ve seen them on a B. I resumed the early ones got the 2.8 from the mk Granada or xr4i but the one in this looks very much like the later 2.9

this is giffer owned for donkeys but kept inside all its life . Mot shows hardly any miles a year but clean sweep mot results .

Its a weird spec as it’s a Ghia with the big engine but I imagine cloth , manual box and the trimz are very poverty .

Theres a weird vibration when pulling away and above 65mph. I thought maybe prop bearing but you can feel it on idle.

in traffic it kangaroos. You just can’t be smooth at low speeds without dipping the clutch.

interior is very tidy with only small crack in the dash . The body has a small dent and a mark on the wheel arch but mostly

it leaks through the top of the windscreen directly in your crotch .

The tyres are Firestone’s with plenty tread but in need to check the date codes . I nearly wiped out on a roundabout about 5 miles from home. I then found out I could spin the wheels in third on a wet road .

Cos I is old, I remember seeing a very few on a B, but - oddly - more mk2s on a C.
Likewise, were a few on B's, Mother FL had a 1.8GL on a C Plate, poverty spec and flat as a pancake but v. Comfortable. The last of the MK2s on C plates all seemed to be low spec, Dad had one of the last MK2 estates on a B, 2.8i Ghia X, lovely motor..

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, big_al_granvia said:

if its kanga-ing then low revs possibly the injection system or idle speed control valve.... weird vibration??? clutch release bearing??? 

i looked at the history done feck all miles in 10 years so bound to need a bit of re-commissioning, the tyres will probably be as hard as granite

I think the tyres may well be past their best .The vibration is a bit of a mystery . Doesn’t quite add up to clutch release bearing it feels like the prop shaft but there are still some symptoms at stand still so who knows .

it runs really cold so the kangaroos is probably related to that .

no rust though thank fuck 

30 minutes ago, cort16 said:

It was exactly the car I was looking for exactly the money I wanted to spend . I couldn’t believe it even 320 touring sent me it.

theres really not many early pre facelift ones around .

A testimonial from another satisfied TTT vehicle sourcing solutions customer!