Anyone's shiter overheating?

DSdriver

The amount of breakdowns over the last few days have been quite an eye opener although I reckon more breakdowns are people getting away after the break up and not doing their pre journey checks. In less than a mile yesterday I was held up by a very new Nissan chest freezer- broken, a knackered Renault Scenic- broken and a pink Cadillac of all things- also broken. I do notice that there is a fairly equal mix of recent stuff and council estate fodder all flashing away on the hard shoulder and about half of all that is obvious tyre issues. Of all the cars I've noticed in the last month, none have been Jaguars.

38 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

Got stuck in traffic on the M25 for an hour earlier, during which time the outside temp gauge went from 27 to 31.  The 75's temp gauge didn't budge, but I was seriously regretting not fixing the air con. 

Yep, there's a £35 regas going on Groupon and I'm going to get it sorted ASAP. Too bloody hot.

50 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

Got stuck in traffic on the M25 for an hour earlier, during which time the outside temp gauge went from 27 to 31.  The 75's temp gauge didn't budge, but I was seriously regretting not fixing the air con. 

Remember these are heavily dampered, stupid BMW design that keeps the needle at 9 o clock through a whole range of temperatures from 70-120 

In this weather I would recommend using the on board digital temp display, as I do in mine all year round.

I've just been into the moulding shop, where I've lost 5kg in water via sweat.  Then I walked past the kilns.  Temp inside them is 1400 deg C 

Temperature outside them about 40 deg C 

Car was showing 29 when I sat in it for lunch.  It's in the shade. 

Drove the punto to Gatwick this morning to pick up son from a 2 week visit to friends in Charlotte, N Carolina, apparently the weather we are experiencing here is lovely....
This afternoon I am sat outside the Lucentis room at East Surrey Hospital in a lovely air-conditioned sideroom waiting for my uncle to have a needle put in his eye again.
But I still drove the punto again even though its the only car we have without aircon.

1 hour ago, artdjones said:

Cars in Spain have to deal with these temperatures for six months of the year,with quite a number of days over 40 without expiring,so a few days around 30 degrees will just cull some badly maintained vehicles from UK roads.

Pah. Try not having more than 30 days a year below 30.

Clouded over and there is intense humidity. Projected heavy stermz this evening and into the night which will finish this. Our wheelie bins are looking a little more wobbly than they did. I wonder whether the Walkie-Talkie building in London has melted more objects? (or did they fix that?)