1974 Dolomite Sprint

SiC

21 minutes ago, GingerNuttz said:

The synergic is crap on it anyways, I tried it once and it was totally wrong for how I weld.

I'm up in the 18-23V range on 1.2 with the wire speed about 9-10 depending on the joint I'm welding. 

Is those settings with your really long torch?

In theory the wire speed should be on a closed loop, so shouldn't matter. At least you'd hope on this caliber of machine.

42 minutes ago, SiC said:

Is those settings with your really long torch?

In theory the wire speed should be on a closed loop, so shouldn't matter. At least you'd hope on this caliber of machine.

I'm stuck with a 6ft torch using 0.6 or it's just tangling up, I can run the 6 metre torch on the 0.8 wire no issues but welding 0.8 steel with is is soul destroying 😂

I've always run my wire feed a bit quicker but it's all down to feel at the end of the day.

I see the route you went, but plug welds is the best way. If you practice on some scrap you will get the idea, easiest way to weld on a small lip is small hole (6mm) and wack the amps up. You do need a good mask to see what you are doing, and they need to be clean and nipped up tight or they 'blow' If i was doing that id work from the top of the hole and allow gravity to fill the hole working in a circular fashion.

What youve done is fine and yes it is showing that you had the amps about right. you could hit it by upping it slightly if you are confident but then you get to blowing holes in the panel. I do like your attitude to this stuff and while I dont post much I do enjoy your tinkering and detail to stuff.