I'm a coming to get you

Paulinprague

So, I have bought an 06 tx2 on the eBay. FSH, massive mileage, clean as a new pin. And I'm going to pick it up next week and do the ferry, France, Belgium, Germany and finally the Czech Republic in two days. A collection thread to end all collection threads. Join me on Wednesday as I swear my way across the continent.

Screenshot_20190718-220840~2.png

4 minutes ago, BoggyMires said:

I wanna know the top end, foot to the floor speed these do. I pass loads going into London and don't know whether they are being driven slo because the cabby is used to doing 18mph everywhere or actually are slo and the cabbie is leaning forward in the seat willing it to go faster.

I'll let you know. 

19 minutes ago, BoggyMires said:

I wanna know the top end, foot to the floor speed these do. I pass loads going into London and don't know whether they are being driven slo because the cabby is used to doing 18mph everywhere or actually are slo and the cabbie is leaning forward in the seat willing it to go faster.

Slow because he has a fare in the back

20 minutes ago, BoggyMires said:

Used to drive a tx4 hackney, managed to get just over 90 in it (never with a fare on board), but it was shaking like a shitting dog and not a pleasant experience. But as time is money in one of these things.....

24 minutes ago, BoggyMires said:

50mph

25 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

Really?  My Metrocabs would do a true 70, and they are nominally less powerful than a TX.  They were manual though which probably helps.

I could be getting confused with other ones. The FX4 thing I got off PBK was ace, but as he had warned me, was pretty slow on the open roads.

46 minutes ago, BoggyMires said:

I had the same 2.7 Turdblower dizzle in a Terrano  - it was glacially slow and top speed was an indicated 75