Blingo immobilo no go

chaseracer

Shortly before the Lex arrived, the Blingo threw a Gallic strop and FTP'd with extreme prejudice.  Investigations by Tame Mechanic and his auto-electrician mate have revealed 'loss of immobiliser code' as the reason.

Anyone know how I can get hold of this info, or will I need to bend over at the main stealer for open-wallet surgery?

Ta, chaps.

Had a 12 plate Berlingo van dragged in last week that was turning over but refusing to fire.

It had run very low on fuel apparently and cut out as it pulled into the filling station but then wouldn’t start after filling.

The primer pump was stuck on the filter head and wouldn’t release so a new filter was fitted but still no joy.

Live data was showing that the key would synch through RF when the lock/unlock button was pressed but no transponder code read and engine ECU locked which led me to believe that the BSI/ECU had somehow dropped the key code due to excessive cranking leading to a flat battery but upon checking the key on a code grabber showed no signal at all.

Tame mobile auto locksmith came out, pulled the code from the ECU as the key code card had been lost, cut and programmed a new key in the back of his van and success...job done.

Has your tame mechanic got a Lexia? You will need the code card or speak to the local dealer (take your V5) and they can issue the code to you.

You can then disable the immobiliser with the key code and Lexia permanently (witchcraft takes place)

You have tried another key havent you just on the off chance the transponder has gone duff.

Christ, are Blingoes (or other modern crap) this bloody com pli cated ??  frightening...  ?

quote......

Had a 12 plate Berlingo van dragged in last week that was turning over but refusing to fire.

It had run very low on fuel apparently and cut out as it pulled into the filling station but then wouldn’t start after filling.

The primer pump was stuck on the filter head and wouldn’t release so a new filter was fitted but still no joy.

Live data was showing that the key would synch through RF when the lock/unlock button was pressed but no transponder code read and engine ECU locked which led me to believe that the BSI/ECU had somehow dropped the key code due to excessive cranking leading to a flat battery but upon checking the key on a code grabber showed no signal at all.

Edited by lovejoy
egg sandwitches