Live Collection featuring The Scotoshite Volvo MASSIV (SVM) sponsored by John Candy Promotions

davidfowler2000

Just filled up at Markham Moor. Will maybe stop for dinner somewhere - traffic reports saying A1(M) cunterated somewhere near Yorkshire.

Does do GLF etc. Will do a full write up soon.

As noted, a visit to skattrd_acres to visit former SVM staff cars

IMG_20190717_145846.jpg

6 hours ago, dome said:

I'm hitting like for the Autoshite racing colours and in the assumption that T6 means it's fast Mista? I actually have no idea what it is though!

B6304T4

Straight 6 turbo. 304ps/299bhp. 440nm torque from 2100rpm to 4000+

Another Volvo export
wass diff between D3 D4 D5 for all the non pervs

only know about d5
D2 is a 1.6 four pot diesel with 110hp.
D3 is a 2.0 four pot diesel...140hp maybe.
D4 was a five pot 2.0 diesel...165hp I think.
D5 was a 2.4 five pot with either 180 or 205hp.

None of that matters because Mr Fowler has bought the best spec that could possibly exist.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, rml2345 said:

...how is engine access? 

I have popped the bonnet, got scared and immediately closed it again. The alternator is half way along the block, driven by a shaft off the aux pulleys.

Without taking the big plastic cover off it would appear the easiest thing to access, replace and maintain is the air con compressor.

34mpg was from the Shell garage at Markham Moor to Ferrybridge, A66, Gretna services then to the Shell garage just off M74 J2a. Cruise control set at 70mph, sensible acceleration on the A66 going between speed limits - not horsing it, not being a sedated nun. It's an extreme example of what it will ever get.

Well that's the first T6 135 I've ever seen . Speechless.

I do wonder why Volvo decided to develop the V8 when they did, when they already had this beast in the stable. 

Don't get me wrong I'm glad they did, but know what I mean?

4 hours ago, davidfowler2000 said:

34mpg was from the Shell garage at Markham Moor to Ferrybridge, A66, Gretna services then to the Shell garage just off M74 J2a. Cruise control set at 70mph, sensible acceleration on the A66 going between speed limits - not horsing it, not being a sedated nun. It's an extreme example of what it will ever get.

No cheeky drag race at one of the as track days between this and the older one? I hear @cms206 isn't very busy nowadays, sure he could lend a hand... 

You know these are basically a Mondeo Mk4 underneath? 

Ford platform EUCD, Volvo platform P3. Also used for Land Rover Freelander 2, which is just mental.

Anyway, it does look a lovely thing. Is it metallic light brown? I can’t really figure out the colour. Bonus shite points if it is - brown cars are for WINNERS.