Live Collection featuring The Scotoshite Volvo MASSIV (SVM) sponsored by John Candy Promotions

davidfowler2000

3 minutes ago, skattrd said:

Yes, but I feel some sort of ruse is in progress as it can't have taken you 7hrs to get to Ardrossan from Glasgow.

Are you working or on a collection?

I did say in the initial post that I was leaving the house and I would return with a car. I haven't been home yet.

1 hour ago, Flat4 said:

Yep the sky is still blue in Ardrossan atm. Hasn't gone dark yet.

No matter what the actual atmospheric conditions, it's always dreich and miserable in Ardrissin. 

I also know what this is. You'll all agree it's a most fantastic solution to the problem of Lesbian emissions. 

Aaaaaannnnd relax.

So yeah the wind up is over. I left the house to do a shift on the trains with a change of clothes. I couldn't get the Glasgow sleeper as there was no space on it so I booked on the Fort William portion which picks up at Dalmuir. Which is a good thing as it still uses the old Mk2/Mk3 stock. Stops at Queen Street Low Level (which I forgot about) Edinburgh, Preston, Crewe and Euston. Chuck out time is 0730.

IMG_20190717_000044.jpg

IMG_20190717_000048.jpg

IMG_20190717_000317.jpg

IMG_20190716_145210.jpg

12 minutes ago, loserone said:

Wakey wakey

Way ahead of you.

Also how cool is this. You wake up, go to the toilet and when you come back a cup of tea has materialised in your room. Mr @dollywobbler would quite possibly literally die from excitement.

IMG_20190717_065013.jpg

16 minutes ago, davidfowler2000 said:

Way ahead of you.

Also how cool is this. You wake up, go to the toilet and when you come back a cup of tea has materialised in your room. Mr @dollywobbler would quite possibly literally die from excitement.

IMG_20190717_065013.jpg

That just means they've been watching you.

Yes you.

All night long.

Just now, Jim Bell said:

I didn't know the sleepers still ran. How are the beds man? 

They're not bad. This is the Highland sleeper so it's still the old Mk3 coaches. The lowlander has the new coaches, dunno what that's like. It's my first time on the train as I've barely ever got any need to go to That There London.

IMG_20190717_071134.jpg

No. So it is technically not far away. The definitions are:

Close - One trip. No changes. Can include a lift in a car. Adrian's 740 from Buckinghamshire was technically close.

A Long Way Away - One or more changes in the journey. A lift to / from a station counts as a change only if you need more than one lift. An initial drop off or final pickup at the destination does not count as a change unless both happen. So walking to a station, getting a bus or train direct to the destination then getting picked up counts as close.

A Very Long Way Away - Anything that goes inside the M25. Even if the normal route does not require you to go inside the M25, the moment you step foot within said motorway ring road, it immediately becomes A Very Long Way Away. For example, my 760 Turbo came from Brighton. Normal route would be to go round the M25 to the M40 but we stopped at a petrol station in Ashtead for fuel through choice so it became a very long way. This supersedes "Close" for single journeys into, through or entirely within London. Even if you live in London and can walk to where you bought the car, it's still classed as A Very Long Way Away. Does not include flying over London e.g. Scotland to Gatwick.

Far Away - Has an intervening body of water which MUST be crossed by boat. Millport is technically Far Away from Largs. Cambeltown is not far away as there is the option of taking the road. Even if you did get the ferry from Ardrossan to Campbeltown, it is still technically not far away. Continental Europe and Asia can only be classed as Far Away if whatever is being collected CANNOT come back via the Channel Tunnel.

3 minutes ago, beko1987 said:

I presume all this was helped with a meaty staff discount? 

Current travel costs since I left the flat at 1430 yesterday is whatever it cost on the tube from Euston to Liverpool Street. £2.70ish?

14 minutes ago, skattrd said:

It depends on how far in to Norfolk you're going and your route out … I'm not far off the A17 or A15.
Home is near Bourne Lincs.

Hmm. Maybe. Just maybe I shall pop in for a tea. PM me your phone number and I shall see how progress goes.